Saturday 19 October 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 18/10/19

It's Friday, just, so it's time to share 5 things I'm grateful for this week. This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there for more details and to see who else is taking part.

I can't believe it's a month since I've done one of these posts.  There is always so much to be grateful for.

Here are my 5 for this week:

1)  A hair cut and colour.  By the time I went to get that done last Friday it was well overdue so I felt so much better afterwards.

2)  A catch up with family members I haven't seen in ages!  My cousin had a big birthday this year (She's 46 again!) and celebrated with a party.







From l - r my SIL, my brother, me, hubby, cousin's husband, cousin, cousin's husband, birthday girl and her husband.

It was a great evening and we stayed over till the Sunday so lots of catching up done.

3)  A visit from Nathan & his Mummies on Sunday.  They had been to a party nearby so they called in before heading home.  

4)  A gap in the rain showers on Wednesday so I could get Rory out for a walk.

It was still windy though!

5)  A car to do the shopping with.  Hubby uses a CPAP machine because he has sleep apnoea so we need to stock up on de-ionised water when we can.  One of the big Tesco's sells it in 5 litres so I make a point of going there and stocking up.




Well it's just after midnight now so almost got finished on time.  I was interrupted by the arrival of Noah and his parents.  Another blessing.  They're here for the weekend and will be attending a friend's wedding.  Hubby and I will be looking after Noah and Rory (whose parents are also going to the wedding) for most of the day and into the evening.  Wish us luck!

Enjoy your weekend.


12 comments:

  1. Great catching up, Wendy! Enjoy your time with those little guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a nice time with your grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have a busy weekend with all the company and especially the grandsons. Enjoy the time with them! (isn't it great to have the gorwn up kids around, too?)
    I always feel so much better after my hair is newly cut--reminder: I need to do that this week!
    And welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to wait too long to tend to my hair, but it feels so nice when it's cut again. I'm sure you're having a busy weekend! Glad you had some great family time. My doctor wants me to so a sleep study test to see if I have apnea, but I keep putting it off. I really don't want to have to hook up to one of those machines. I didn't know they needed ionized water. The next option for me is to lose weight, which I really need to do anyway. But I keep putting that off, too. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think my hubby would stick with the machine but he has and it does help.

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    I always enjoy these posts.
    Hope you had a fun weekend.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fresh hair cut and color is a wonderful pick me up. I was tested for sleep apnea this year and I was so stressed about it I'm sure I didn't sleep as well having to wear all the paraphenelia to bed. LOL. Glad you got what you needed for the machine and were able to stock up. Have fun with your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.