Tuesday 15 October 2019

Review: Sleep

Sleep Sleep by C.L. Taylor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

All Anna wants is to be able to sleep. But crushing insomnia, terrifying night terrors and memories of that terrible night are making it impossible. If only she didn’t feel so guilty…

To escape her past, Anna takes a job at a hotel on the remote Scottish island of Rum, but when seven guests join her, what started as a retreat from the world turns into a deadly nightmare.

Each of the guests have a secret but one of them is lying – about who they are and why they’re on the island. There’s a murderer staying in the Bay View hotel. And they’ve set their sights on Anna.

Seven strangers. Seven secrets. One deadly lie.

Someone’s going to sleep and never wake up…


This book is definitely atmospheric and creepy but I struggled to keep all the different characters straight in my head. They seemed a bit two dimentional and the book generally felt lacking in depth. Having said that, I enjoyed this book but not as much as some of the other books by the author.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.