Well I'm a day late but better late than never.
Our former host Terri is currently recovering from knee surgery but thankfully Katsumi has taken up the baton so the medley continues. Here goes:
1. The first week of October is National Mystery Series Week. Do you sleuth alongside Nancy Drew or Miss Marple? Fan of Nero Wolfe?
Well I have to confess to never having read Nancy Drew but I'm a great fan of Agatha Christie. I'd also never heard of Nero Wolfe. Not sure he's available in the UK. But I definitely enjoy a mystery.
2. The first week of October is also National Chili Week. Do you plan on celebrating with a bowl of red? Have a top secret recipe to share?
I'm not a great fan of chilli although I will use it if a recipe asks for it.
3. October 2nd is National Name Your Car Day. Does your car or did a family car have a name?
Yes, it's called The Car lol. I don't think we have ever given our car a name.
4. Today is also National Walk To School Day. Did you walk to school with your friends? Take a school bus? Ever have someone carry your books home from school?
As a child I was fortunate enough to live close enough to my schools to be able to walk to them. For my own children I drove them to their primary school it was easier than trying to walk all three of them there. We did walk occasionally, especially on National Walk to School Day (we actually had a walk to school week) and once they went to secondary school and were capable of going to school on their own they all walked. Living in London there is no real need for school buses generally. Bus services are provided for children with disabilities but public transport is ok for kids who need to use it.
I never really had anyone carry my books but when I had an operation on my feet and couldn't walk to school my Maths teacher brought me home by car each day.
5. And it is National Pumpkin Seed Day. Do you like pumpkin seeds? Do you carve the pumpkin and roast the seeds? Do you buy packaged, prepared pumpkin seeds? Or more of a pumpkin spice person?
I AM NOT A PUMPKIN PERSON.
6. Please tell us something interesting about your week.
Back to normal this week after my holiday so back to Grandsitting on 2 days with Rory. He is developing a real love of books. He loves to have books read to him, then read again, and again and.....I'm sure you get the idea! One advantage of being a grandparent though is that I have the time (and patience) to read with him. (Although there are some books that are nicer to read than others!)
If you want to take part in the Medley or read the entries of other bloggers this is the link.