Saturday 19 October 2019

SoCS - 19/10/19 - Oh!

https://lindaghill.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/stream-of-consciousness-saturday-2018-19.png


Oh I do like to give myself a challenge!

Oh I do like to do something that's fun!

What am I rabbiting on about?  Well I noticed that Linda was looking for a new badge for SoCS and although it's a long time since I participated and I can hardly be considered a regular I do like a challenge.  So I whizzed through some photos and found one that seemed quite apt so I entered!  (check out Linda's post here for all the details) or here for my entry.

Having done all that I thought I at least should post a SoCS post today.  Of course the first two lines of the post were to the "Oh I do like to be beside the seaside" tune and I do actually like to be beside the sea.  I don't get the opportunity to do that too often but recently holidayed in Kos and we did see the sea.  We also spent a lot of time beside the pool.

And now we're back home to wet and rainy weather and soon the clocks will be going back and it will be dark all the time.  Well at least it will feel like it. And of course it will soon be halloween.

I learnt an important lesson last year.  I bought lots of treats in case we got any callers.  We don't usually get too many, Trick or Treat is catching on in the UK but I don't think it will ever be as big as it is in the states.  Anyway we didn't get any callers so of course I had lots of treats to eat.  Lovely, but not great for the diet.  When talking to my daughter about this she asked me if I had put a pumpkin out?  Put a pumpkin out?  Why?  So they know it's ok to knock she replied.  Oh!  

(I didn't know that. Soooo grump that I am I will not be buying a pumpkin but I will still have some treats ready just in case!)

If you want to find out more or take part in this week's SoCS challenge hosted by Linda go here.

8 comments:

  1. When do your clocks go back? Ours do November 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a perfect photo for this theme. I have just come back from the Scilly Isles. I loved just being by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. Wish I could do it more often.

      Delete
  3. Here in the states, we just leave our outside light on so kids know they can knock for a treat. We don't get any here in our old-folks community and that is fine with us! bah humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are getting fewer and fewer trick or treaters, either because the kids are growing up or because they go to a different (richer) part of town to get better candy - LOL. I will get some candy to have on hand just in case.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a growing trend here in the UK. I always have treats in case but often end up eating them lol

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.