Sunday 27 October 2019

It's nearly Winter!

Last night our clocks went back.  Today it was dark by 5.30 and it that will gradually get earlier and earlier.  It's definitely been colder the last couple of days and tonight we may get our first frost.

Yesterday I posted about dresses for weddings.  (Thanks for all the lovely comments.)  Today I'm in my comfy attire of jogging bottoms and a warm top.  Catching up on TV.  

We had a busy evening yesterday babysitting Nathan.  Every time we see him lately he is talking more and more.  He was lovely with us last night.  He didn't make any fuss when his Mummies went out.  We had fun in the bath.  He let me give him both his inhalers with no problems.  (He's had a cough the last couple of weeks.)  We cleaned his teeth and then we settled down to read some stories.  I'd read him a couple and was going to read some more but he told me "No Nanny.  I go sleep now."  

And he did fairly quickly.  But then just as I tried to creep out of the bedroom he sat up looking wide awake.  My heart sank as I envisiged it taking a long time to get him back to sleep but actually he went off again quite quickly.  I managed to escape and he was still asleep when his Mummies came home.  Job done!  (Of course he woke up soon after - he seems to have a 6th sense of when they get home lol)

The darkness outside makes it easier to justify snuggling up on the sofa with my laptop and the TV and when you have this

who cares if it's dark outside?

Birthday cake from my DIL.  I don't know what the bakery call it but I think it should be Death by Chocolate!

13 comments:

  1. The temperature is definitely dropping. I would love to share that cake with you. It looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious and I still have some left!

      Delete
  2. We change our clocks back next Saturday. It's dark when I leave at 6:30 am and getting dark I return at 4 pm-5 pm. We had a our first frost last weekend, and I am afraid winter will be upon us sooner than later.

    Nathan is such a cutie, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Yep this morning I had to scrape the car for the first time. Brrrrr

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to turn ours back next weekend. I love getting that extra hour! That cake looks delicious!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the extra hour but I don't like the shorter days.

      Delete
  4. Death by chocolate! Yum!! Nathan looks so cute, sound asleep! They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    We set our clocks back this weekend.
    I enjoyed reading about Nathan. He reminds me of some little fellas I remember doing the same thing when it came to the 6th sense of knowing when someone was home. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake looks amazing! No better way to die than by chocolate!!! HA HA! I can not wait to go check out the post with dresses for the wedding -not sure how I missed it!Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was amazing. I'm not thinking about all the calories! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had the same here, one hour less. I don't see the daylight saving, it's dark in the morning and dark in the evening when working people go home, so it's rather a nightlight saving ! I wonder when they will stop with that ! That's almost like the Brexit, 3 years they cannot decide winter or summer time ! Only hope it doesn't take 10 years like for the passports, they all should be of the same color in the EU and they couldn't come to an agreement. Now they have the same color but not really ! Nice that Nathan behaved so well ! Soon he will tell you when you have to go to sleep !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.