Friday 1 November 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 1/11/19



It's Friday so it's time to share 5 things I'm grateful for this week. This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there for more details and to see who else is taking part.

1.  It's been a pretty hectic week so I'm grateful for eating out with hubby tonight - nothing special just a pub meal which actually wasn't that great but I didn't have to cook it and now I'm chilling on the sofa.

2.  Good weather on the days I had Rory this week.  A bit blustery and chilly but we were able to get out to the shops and the park.  It's great to be able to break the day up and he loves to see the ducks in the park.


3) 
A cat in the house, but only temporarily while the girls move house.  We decided that it would be a bit stressful for her to be in the house during the packing up and then moving into a chaotic new house while it's being unpacked.

4)  The girls have moved!  Today!  It's a temporary move to another rental but it's just up the road from where they were so Nathan will stay at his nursery.  Hopefully they will now have some breathing space to sort themselves out and be able to buy a house nearer to us eventually.  So today has been very tiring - I was there quite early to help out and hardly sat down at all during the day.  They did have a removal company move them thankfully - they have a lot of stuff!  That was why hubby and I ate out tonight.   We'll both be going over tomorrow to help with more unpacking.  But Sunday will definitely be a day of rest.

5)  Audio messages with Nathan.  We did a few this week.  It's a great way of keeping in touch.  He was asking about Lady the cat and I sent him some pictures and a message about how she was doing.  He is becoming a real little chatterbox.

So that was my week.  Have a good weekend.



8 comments:

  1. I wish you could see my smile...what a great post. I am sorry about the pub meal not being that great--my husband bought home takeout Chinese, which I haven't ate yet...not hungry. Thank you for the smiles over your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat looks quite content at your house! It's good that you could cat-sit as well as baby-sit. Glad the girls got moved and are still close by!! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to get out with your grandson. It's always wonderful to get outside even if for a short time. I know my dayhome kids really benefit from not being cooped up inside all day. Makes for wonderful Grandma memories too. Glad the move went well. The cat looks like he's enjoying his stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray that the girls are all moved. That was smart to go out for the meal at the end of love your long day.
    How sweet that your Rory was concerned about the cat. And it was very sweet of you to send him photos of how she’s doing.
    I hope this week is less hectic, but just as sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I are having parallel lives this week. My son and son-in-law are moving (to another state, not close unfortunately) and we have been dog-sitting as they make the transition. Soon, the dog will go, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice you helped out your daughters move!! your grandson is adorable all bundled up for his walk. I love taking my preK students outside in the autumn...it's been perfect here...no real frost yet and sunny days with mild temps...not too hot and not too cold!

    Pub meals are hit or miss here...sometimes they're great meals and other times...not so good! It's nice to go out though after a hectic day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about enjoying eating out even if the meal isn't great--it's just nice not to have to cook and clean up. Glad the move went ok. I loved taking my kids to the park when they were young.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I just love that cat.
    Happy the move went well. I know how stressing that is. We just did that with our Sam.
    Here is to a great new week my friend.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.