Friday 8 November 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 8/11/19

It's Friday so it's time to share 5 things I'm grateful for this week. This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there for more details and to see who else is taking part.











1)  We still have autumn leaves. And enough dry weather this week to walk in the park with Grandson Rory. The leaves are dropping fast now and it's been much colder this week but we've also had some sunshine.

2)  Free soft play area at the local mall. Rory had a great time just running, and running and running!








And playing peek a boo! He was so tired and half asleep by the time we got back to the flat. I managed to get him out of his buggy and all his outer clothes and here:

  

without waking him up.

3) Dinner with my son. Rory's Mummy was out on Monday evening so I had to wait for his Daddy to get home and as my hubby was out too I cooked dinner there for Michael and me. It was nice to have time for a chat rather than just a handover of Rory and getting off home.
4) The girls are settling in and I've returned the cat. I popped her back on Tuesday and we were able to go back to their old place and finalise a few things (they weren't handing back the keys until today). Nathan loves his new house especially having a garden he can play in.

5)  A catch up with my best friend.  We haven't seen each other for weeks so it was good to be able to go round for a cup of tea. (or two!)   


So another busy week but today I've been able to catch up on chores at home.  Boring things like laundry and changing beds - we've decided we need our warmer duvet on now, plus Noah and his parents will be here tomorrow with their dogs.  Just as well the cat has gone home!  Noah took his first steps this week which I think is a relief all round.  It's lovely that the the Grandsons are all close in age but it does make it hard not to make comparisons sometimes.  (Rory who is a month younger has been walking for ages.)  Although of course you have to be careful what you wish for - it was a lot easier looking after them when they stayed put!

Have a good weekend all.




6 comments:

  1. Rory is adorable! A good list, Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how precious that sleeping toddler is! Great shot.

    We have a lot of leaves on the ground to rake up still as the wind last night pretty much knocked most of them off, some of the maple trees in the back have their leaves on but many are under the trees. Today has been our coldest day since last March, it was 24 degrees F when i woke up!

    How nice to meet your bff for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty trees! Our are falling fast as well. It's such a victory to get a sleepy child soundly in bed without waking them up too much. Nice to have dinner with your son and catch up with your friend. It does feel good to get those everyday chores done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your energy ! I would be half dead ! We are all tired, it's an awful weather it is very humid and often rains and it has become cold too. The trees are in the same state as yours and I put additional blanket on our beds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your park is a beautiful place! I think it's good for children to be outside every day. That photo of the sleeping boy is so precious!
    I had tea last week with my best neighbor--it was a great time. Afternoon tea=happy smiles.
    I hope you are having another good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute picture of Rory! The park looks lovely. I love how malls are putting in these play areas.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.