Thursday 14 November 2019

Waffle on Thursday - 14/11/19

Life can be strange at times.  

My daughter bought me this book a while ago.  I probably should look at it more considering I'm often a glass half empty kind of person.


I decided to look at it Tuesday night and this was the page I opened.  (I tend to open it at random pages rather than read it from start to finish.)

It has some odd things in it although some of them would make me happy but one of those would have had me confused (Sadie Hawkins dances) if it wasn't for one of the questions in this week's Wednesday Medley which I'd just done and scheduled to post the next day!

"Sadie Hawkins' Day. Also known as Turn-About Day. On this date in Dogpatch, Judge Hawkins declared a race between the town's eligible bachelors and the spinsters (including his daughter, Sadie) with the prize being matrimony. Nowadays celebrated as a day on which the girl asks the boy to the big sock hop."

Being in the UK I had never heard of such a thing.  The only "Turn-About Day" I was aware of was leap day - 29th February.  You live and learn!

Here's something that makes me happy:

Rory
Not sure how impressed he is with his new hat!  He managed to lose his other one while his Mummy had him out at the shops at the weekend.

 
And how cute is this?

Wedding guest Noah

And this:

Pirate Nathan

I'm blessed.

4 comments:

  1. They are growing fast and are at such a cute age. How can you not smile when you see them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Wendy! Those boys are all so cute and are all growing up too fast!! They will be more like brothers than cousins as they get older. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. Yes they are growing fast but it's so lovely to be able to watch those changes.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.