Saturday 30 November 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 29/11/19

Well I'm giving in and posting a winter picture this week - this morning it was really frosty!

Once again I'm a day late but it's been busy this week.  Taking a breath and looking back on things to be grateful for is what this meme is all about though.  Pop over here to see other participants.

Here goes:

1)  A successful shopping outing on Saturday.  I left some birthday shopping until the last minute and my local Westfield was BUSY.  Once again I omitted to check if there was a football game on at the stadium which is part of the same complex.  DUH. 

2)  A trip to Nottingham to catch up with these 3



These lovely pics were taken at the wedding of my DIL's sister but we were in Nottingham to celebrate Amy's 30th birthday.  Her parents had organised a surprise get together at their house for her.  It was a long day for us and we probably spent more time travelling than we did with them but I'm glad we went.  I know they appreciated it and of course we love catching up with Noah.

3)  Coping with 3 early starts this week.  I had my usual 2 days with Rory, which require an early start but I also did another morning where I had to be there even earlier to take over from Mummy when she went off to work and then drop Rory off to nursery. (Daddy had been away overnight.)  I was also fortunate with the weather again.  We had quite a few showers this week but there were enough dry spells to get Rory out in the buggy. I love my days with him but they are long and tiring.  Needless to say on the very early morning I went home and didn't do much for the rest of the day lol!






It's no hardship getting him to eat though! lol

4)  Grandparents tea at Nathan's nursery.  We were able to go with Nathan to his nursery and have tea on Friday.  He was so excited about it.  It was nice to see where he goes.  The staff were all very welcoming and friendly and of course we got to spend time with Nathan.  We stayed for dinner with his Mummies too so a lovely afternoon.


He especially loves spending time with his Grandpa.

5)  Finding things!  I am pretty obsessive about keeping track of things like socks.  It really frustrates me when I end up with an odd one.  That happened earlier this week.  One of my socks went missing and I searched high and low.  In the end I gave up hoping it would turn up eventually.  Yesterday when I was taking some clothes off the airer what did I find?  Yep the errant sock.  Sometimes it's little things like that I'm grateful for.  I like things to be ordered.

Hope you're all having a good weekend.  I've just enjoyed watching Strictly Come Dancing while I was preparing this post.

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.





6 comments:

  1. beautiful post I am so far behind on my blog(s) I think I will never get caught up

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are all precious! How great to do grandparents' day with Nathan! Loved the video of your little good eater! Thank you for the Thanksgiving greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so blessed with those grandboys! How sweet to have a grandparents' tea time at nursery school.
    Lovely photo of your son and dil, too.
    Oh I hear you on the missing sock conundrum. Just today I missed a sock going in to the washer--found it on the floor. So it will have to wait until the next wash day. I've warned The Professor since it was his sock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another busy week for you. Here we are almost at the end of another year. I am finding it hard to read the blogs I follow let alone comment on them. I was at London Bridge on Friday afternoon, fortunately in the station rather than walking over the bridge. Makes me all the more determined to do as much as possible while I am able.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh when you talked about your grandchildren, because yesterday we were 4 grandmas to watch a movie which was hilarious ! It was the story of a freshly retired couple who wanted to escape to Portugal because they were always asked to babysit for the son and daughters children ! After a lot of adventures not to keep the children they ended with not going to Portugal because they would miss them too much ! Very cute ! Toby sent me a picture of the 1st December box in his advent calender I had put a little smily figurine inside ! was difficult to find 24 !! I didn't dare to buy one with chocolate as he is allergic to nuts !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous grandkids you have. They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.