Thursday 21 November 2019

Waffle or Twaddle on Thursday

I was determined to do at least one blog this week that wasn't related to a meme or a book review.  I looked at my stats and realised that this months were down on last.  I've clocked up 13 posts so far, this will be #14 (assuming it gets finished and posted) but they are mostly memes or book reviews. I've been doing lots of reading this month.  It sometimes feels like a guilty pleasure.

As does sitting for several (ok many) hours today watching The Crown.  I've justified it to myself by also ticking off the following today:
  • Car delivered to the garage to get a couple of things checked out
  • New rose bush planted
  • Washing done and dried (or at least drying)
The car has parking sensors that, usually, prevent me from hitting anything when I'm parking.  Recently thay had developed a fault.  Instead of giving a series of beeps everytime I put the car in reverse it just started screeching at me.  It made me realise how dependant I'd become on them though.  Anyway hopefully by tomorrow the car will be fixed and I won't be (gently) bumping into anything.

Regular readers will know that we planted 2 new rose bushes earlier this year.  I do love roses.  Well one bush has thrived, the other did not.  Fortunately the company I purchased them from offer a guarantee and they lived up to it.  I e-mailed them last Thursday with photos of the two bushes.  I had a reply within a day to say that a replacement would be despatched and it arrived on Tuesday.  I call that good service.

As for getting the washing done, that's hardly a challenge with an automatic washing machine and a tumble dryer.

I have done a few other things this week - ordered Christmas cards, which arrived today.  I like to support the Alzheimer's Society so I often get cards from them.  Part of me wants to move towards sending e-cards but part of me worries about charities losing an important source of income.  There are also quite a few people on my card list that I know I couldn't send e-cards too.  Many are older friends, or former work colleagues and at this time of year I always fear that a Christmas card might herald the news that someone has passed away.  But that's human nature.

I'd also ordered personalised baubles for the little ones.  They arrived today.  So another thing ticked off my list.  Of course the to do list never seems to shrink.  It just keeps rolling over.  But that's because there are always things to do, even if you are retired and make time to watch TV and read books! Oh and Grandsit and waffle of course.

6 comments:

  1. I admire you for planting a rose bush in this cold weather. It is bound to do well planting it at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I certainly hope it does better than the last one lol

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sending the cards. Card makers like us appreciate it. I'm looking forward to catching the Crown while I craft later. Thanks for reminding me.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just reminded me that I got my Christmas cards a month ago and haven't done a thing with them yet. I used to try to get them addressed and ready to go before Thanksgiving, to put them in the mail by the second week of December. Better get moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it will be interesting to see how quickly I get mine written lol

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.