Thursday 7 November 2019

Review: No Place to Hide

No Place to Hide No Place to Hide by Susan Lewis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Why has Justine Cantrell suddenly changed her name, abandoned the husband and family she loves and a successful business to start a new life in a place many thousands of miles away?

There isn't a man involved, but there is a terrible secret that she must hide from her new friends and neighbours as securely as she needs to hide herself from those she's left behind.


I've read a few books by Susan Lewis now and she doesn't disappoint. She can definitely spin a good yarn. This one is a bit dark in places but it didn't put me off. It switches between past and present but it's not too hard to follow. 

The mystery of why Justine Cantrell has moved across the pond, taking her young daughter with her but leaving her family behind is eventually revealed and it is shocking. What's perhaps more shocking is why her husband is still in England.

Would I have done the same in the circumstances? I'm not sure. But this is fiction so it doesn't matter.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I have no place to hide either, or do you have a wardrobe for me ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great story! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.