Friday 1 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - A is for Absolutely not!

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely not!

What to do you mean Alice?

There is no way I’m being resurrected as your muse for this A-Z whatsit.  I am not your plaything.

Of course not Alice I know that. 

Well you should stop toying with me then.  You thought it was great fun to listen to me when it suited your purposes back in 2019 but since then nothing, nada, zilch!

Really Alice?  Are you absolutely sure about that?

If you’re talking about that post I did in May 2019 when you were busy with the grandchildren I hardly think that counts.  I thought after all the effort I put in for that first A-Z challenge I’d have seen myself in print a lot more often.  After all it wasn’t like I was silent all this time.

Well you were definitely quiet!

I wasn’t quiet.  I’m always chattering on about something but you allowed me to be drowned out.

I’ve had a lot on my mind.

Such as?

Well 3 more grandchildren for a start.

Yes I know all about them.  You never stop talking about them.  Vinny this, Miles that and Ella the other.   Honestly the way you carry on you’d think you had the monopoly on grandchildren.  6 grandchildren is not a record.  Even if 3 of them were born during the lockdown.  And that’s another thing you’ve allowed to drown me out.

It’s been a difficult time Alice.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I know.  Your anxiety levels have risen, normal life disappeared overnight and you had to wear a mask a lot of the time.  Well that may have felt like a gag but trust me it’s nothing compared to how I felt.  One month I was flavour of the month and you always wanted my input and then, apart from that one occasion when I hijacked your blog, nothing.  I tried, really I tried but it was like you’d stuffed your brain with cotton wool.  There were all these negative thoughts floating about and I just couldn’t make myself heard.  Then you bought a pair of funny white things that you stuff in your ears.  I mean, how is a girl supposed to make herself heard when you’re wearing ear plugs?

They’re Air Pods Alice.  For listening to things on my phone.

See!  Add insult to injury why don’t you?  You’d rather listen to your phone than me!

Yes but…

No more buts!  I am either going to be listened to all the time or I’m not going to talk to you at all.  I deserve better.

But….

Did you not hear what I just said?  Obviously not.  I said no more buts.  Actually no more anything.  You’re on your own for this A-Z malarkey.

Alice?

Alice?

Oh dear.   This is not going to plan.  The plan was there would be a quick conversation each day with Alice.  Hopefully at least 500 words but based on today’s chat the challenge might have to be rethought.  Or maybe I just need to try a different tactic to get Alice on board again.  I’ll have to put my thinking cap on.

17 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest not italicizing either yourself or Alice to make it easier to read, but I see you've color-coded, which doesn't show up in my feed reader... Anyway, great start, and I hope Alice comes back soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that was something I hadn't anticipated. I'll alternate the italics. Thanks for the Heads up.

      Delete
  2. I do like this, thank you so much, and I hope that Alice will play ball with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alice, she may not listen but we will.
    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with Alice! She did cooperate better in 2019. To be continued....

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Looking forward to more of your interactions with Alice. That is if she'll play along. We'll have to see, won't we? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, you are so creative, this will be fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah, poor Alice! She feels like that older sibling who starts having pangs of being left out once there are newer kids in the house! I do relate to the whole lockdown - oh man, did it change the whole definition of normal! Enjoying the conversation! Will be hopping by for more!

    LOL, I am yet to read your posts, this is my blog hopping month! Nice to meet you Alice and Wendy and that was a witty, sarcastic conversation I enjoyed, hopping on to your posts now!

    Cheers,
    Deepa from FictionPies

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.