Wednesday 24 August 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 24/8/22


Well it's a bit late in the day but it is still Wednesday so time to join in with the Hodgepodge over at From this side of the Pond, hosted by Joyce.


1. August 24th is National Waffle Day...what's something you've 'waffled' on recently? 

Ha I'm excellent at "Waffling" - why use a sentence when you can use a paragraph or better still a page to tell a story?

2. Do you like waffles? Make your own or 'leggo my Eggo? Any favourite toppings or add-ins? Waffles or pancakes-which do you prefer? 

I do like waffles but I never make them - don't have a waffle maker.  So I'm probably more likely to be eating pancakes and they just have to have chocolate on them.

3. Do you have any mementos from this summer (or past summers)? What do you do with them? 

Well this, and the previous 2 summers have been pretty quiet so no recent mementos.  I'm not a big fan of collecting lots of bits and pieces.  Probably photos are my main thing and one of these days I will get around to getting some albums printed.  Looking at photos on the phone or PC is just not the same as looking at physical photos. 

4. One thing you'd like to do before summer ends? 

Get together with extended family which is happening this weekend!

5. Life is too short to "dwell on regrets". 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm posting late because it's been a busy day here thanks to these little ones:

Hubby is recovering really well from the fall he had - he was even ok with holding Ella



She's been a bit shy around Grandpa the last couple of weeks but today she was more than happy to cuddle.

Apologies to Joyce for the spell checker putting in the English version of everything on this post.  That's something I could waffle on about all day long.

4 comments:

  1. Life is too short to dwell on regrets....a good one and so true. Those little ones are so cute. Glad hubby is recovering from his fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I answered #5 the same way! Those kiddos are getting so big!! Good golly where does the time go?!! I am looking forward to hearing about your coming weekend!! Reunions/family get-togethers are the best!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad hubby is getting better. I like pancakes better than waffles too, although chocolate helps both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, physical photos. :-) There is a big difference indeed.
    I am happy to see your husband is feeling well.
    Happy Reunion Time!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.