Saturday 13 August 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 12/8/22


Yes I'm a day late this week but better late than never.

Time to join up with Susanne here to look back on the week and find the things to be thankful for.

1)  I'm thankful for all your kind words following Hubby's accident last week.  It's so nice to be part of a supportive blogging community.

2)  Hubby has really improved over the course of the week.  He still looks a bit battered and the bruising on his arms is more noticeable but he has a lot more movement in his arms and his right hand.  He's also in a lot less pain.

3)  He managed to get an appointment at the dentist that is on our road to get his teeth checked out.  The dentist advised waiting a couple of weeks to let his bruising etc heal and his teeth settle before having any repair work done so we have a follow up appointment booked for that.

4)  A catch up with our 4 local grandkids during the week.  We had Rory and Vinny here on Wednesday.  They were pleased to see us after their holiday.  Then on Friday we had Nathan and Ella here.  Nathan should have been at cricket summer club but he had croup earlier in the week and wasn't fully recovered.  I don't think the current heatwave we're experiencing is helping.

5)  Having no responsibilities.  During this current heatwave it's good to just be able to sit and do nothing energetic.  We don't have AC - many UK homes don't, but we do have several fans which get moved around the house depending on which rooms we're using and where the sun is.

I've also tried to cook things on the hob rather than having the oven on especially as the kitchen gets the sun from midday till the end of the day at this time of year.

I've been doing all the cooking this week as Hubby recovers.  Hopefully he'll be able to help out soon!

Enjoy the weekend all - our hot weather is set to last until Monday when they're forecasting thunderstorms with heavy downpours that could cause flash flooding!  But there's no such thing as climate change 😡

11 comments:

  1. Prayers for your hubby to continue quickly healing with less and less pain. Wendy, I just can't imagine no AC in the summer heat! Bless you for surviving with fans. It is so great that you get to spend so much time with your grands!! Be safe and take care!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. The heat isn't usually too much of a problem and our hot spells don't last for too long but this year has been very extreme.

      Delete
  2. I was out of blogland last week and didn't hear about your hubby's accident. I hope he continues to heal and has no residual problems. I don't know how you manage without A/C, but I guess that the kind of heat you have had this summer is uncommon, or at least has been uncommon until now. Climate change is a real thing and it should be troubling enough to all of us to push our governments to take action. Enough politics. I am glad to hear that things are going well and that you had a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Yes this year's heatwaves have been extreme but the worry is they will become the norm.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that hubby's doing better. I agree with you and no responsibility during this heat. I do have AC but it still gets warm. I hope things get back to normal soon for your husband and he can have his dental work done. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He's going back next week to see what needs doing to his teeth.

      Delete
  4. It is hot again this week. Difficult to do anything unless it's early in the morning. Glad hubby is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I tend to get up and do what needs to be done and then relax for the rest of the day lol

      Delete
  5. Oh good news about your hubby. I hope he continues to heal.
    I am so so late commenting on FFF--been rather a busy weekend here at the cottage.
    I hope your hot weather has dissipated by now. It's hard to imagine UK being that hot. Thunderstorm? I do enjoy them with the rain.
    Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thankful your husband is doing better. Glad you could catch up with many of the grandkids. It's nice not to have responsibilities in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear that your hubby is doing better. Praying he continues to recover quickly and well. We are going to another heat wave again this week, but at least this week the nights are cooling off a bit. Even though we have ac I've been finding myself quite unmotivated to do anything. I have to ask, what is a hob? That is not a term us Canadians are familiar with

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.