Saturday 20 April 2024

A - Z Challenge 2024 - R is for Restaurants

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter R

This year I'm blogging about my local area.  

My area?  Highams Park which is in the borough of Waltham Forest in North East London, (UK) a little known place that nestles between Chingford and Woodford that most people only come to if they have a specific reason to - if not we usually get bypassed.  Suits us.

Having lived in Forest Gate in East London for 36 years (and for my husband 65 years!) moving was a big deal for us.  But we've been in Highams Park since September 2020 so I feel I know enough about it now to fill out 26 posts! 

We've only moved just over 5 miles but we didn't know this area at all before moving here.  Although of course we did have a good look around when looking for a house and there were a number of things we wanted on our check list.

Places to eat out were a must and we have quite a few restaurants within walking distance.

Breeze serves a Mediterranean style cuisine.  We've had take away from here and it was really good.  One we need to visit in person.

The Good Friend is a Chinese restaurant - we've eaten here and it was good.  Not fantastic let's recommend it to all our friends good but we would go again.

The Indian Dining Club has good reviews on our local Facebook groups so that's one we plan on trying soon.

No 1 The Avenue is an Indian restaurant that we've eaten at and had take away from.  Definitely one we recommend.

Purbani is opposite No 1 and also serves Indian food.  We've had good takeaways from here with the bonus that they will deliver.  Another one we need to try in person.

Yaz is another Mediterranean style restaurant that we have eaten at.  We weren't actually too impressed with this one - it clearly caters for a younger market.

We also have quite a few take away places so if we don't feel like cooking we have plenty of options!


12 comments:

  1. Lots of Indian. I am not really a fan but I'm sure I wouldn't starve. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several Chinese places and 2 fish and chip shops and a burger place so no you wouldn't starve lol

      Delete
  2. I am still looking for a good Indian restaurant here! Or Mediterranean. There is one new one, I ought look them up online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checking online can be good as you can see what the reviews are like.

      Delete
  3. So many Indian restaurants! My son and daughter-in-law LOVE Indian food but it is not a favorite of mine. I prefer Asian so would choose the Chinese restaurant. You are doing great with this, Wendy. I am enjoying your A-Z!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a good choice of restaurants to try, Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. There are 2 actually but both are takeaway.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.