Monday 8 April 2024

A - Z Challenge 2024 - G is for Grace & Albert

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter G

This year I'm blogging about my local area.  

My area?  Highams Park which is in the borough of Waltham Forest in North East London, (UK) a little known place that nestles between Chingford and Woodford that most people only come to if they have a specific reason to - if not we usually get bypassed.  Suits us.

Having lived in Forest Gate in East London for 36 years (and for my husband 65 years!) moving was a big deal for us.  But we've been in Highams Park since September 2020 so I feel I know enough about it now to fill out 26 posts! 

We've only moved just over 5 miles but we didn't know this area at all before moving here.  Although of course we did have a good look around when looking for a house and there were a number of things we wanted on our check list.

Of course being able to shop was an important factor and although we don't have a shopping mall that close, we do have some nice shops.  One of these is Grace & Albert.

I'm ashamed to admit that I only visited it recently - we needed to replace the glass jug from our cafetiere which I'd clumsily broken.  Hubby insisted that Grace & Albert would be the place to go.  And yes they were.  It will definitely be my go to place for gifts in future.  Predominantly it is a homewares shop but they have diversified into all sorts of other items that would make lovely gifts, including plants and all the plant holders you could need and so much more.  I spent ages in there just browsing.


Their website is a work in progress but they have a Facebook page here and I also found this informative article on the local authority's website.

If you want cheap and cheerful mass produced stuff this is not the place to go.  (Unfortunately neither is IKEA as our local store was recently sold.)  However if you have someone that's difficult to buy for I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something in Grace & Albert to suit.

6 comments:

  1. I am happy that I don't have to look for food shops ! My shopping list is very limited ! Just fruits, grapes and oranges. What a relieve because I hate shopping, Rick liked it ! "My" park became green over night and I suddenly have a white blooming bush under my window ! Crazy ! After the Easter Egg hunting where the trees were still naked, the next day they were green ! Had never seen that !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to have found a gem of a shop on your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems like the kind of store I would enjoy visiting if I were visiting England.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be ashamed not to have gone before. That's the sort of store we have around here and there, and I've never been. Plants might get me in to a home goods store though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a really fun place to shop.
    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love browsing in Home Goods stores!! That one looks lovely. You are only up to G and I already want to come for a long visit to explore!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.