Monday 15 April 2024

A - Z Challenge 2024 - M is for Music

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter M

This year I'm blogging about my local area.  

My area?  Highams Park which is in the borough of Waltham Forest in North East London, (UK) a little known place that nestles between Chingford and Woodford that most people only come to if they have a specific reason to - if not we usually get bypassed.  Suits us.

Having lived in Forest Gate in East London for 36 years (and for my husband 65 years!) moving was a big deal for us.  But we've been in Highams Park since September 2020 so I feel I know enough about it now to fill out 26 posts! 

We've only moved just over 5 miles but we didn't know this area at all before moving here.  Although of course we did have a good look around when looking for a house and there were a number of things we wanted on our check list.

One of Hubby's pastimes is playing his guitar.  In Forest Gate he would meet up with other musicians for jamming sessions in the local pubs.  Although we've only moved a short distance away the journey back to Forest Gate is not that easy by public transport.  I hoped he'd find something similar here but actually he's become very involved in the Open Mic  sessions that take place in various locations nearby.  He can get to many of these by bus or train and he often gets a lift home.  He's made some new friends and it's something he really enjoys.

There are also quite a few venues near enough to us that have live music acts and The Waltham Forest Music Society is based in Highams Park. 

We also have our own local community radio station hSpark Radio.

Plenty of music then to keep Hubby happy.

5 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that your hubby has so much access to things that support his musical inclinations. And how exciting that you have your own radio station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice you were able to find a location to fulfill his needs. I say needs, since some pastimes are needed for our mental health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is so fun that your local pubs have jam sessions. I enjoy listening to music, this would be fun for me to sit and listen.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that you were able to find some music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to get involved and to make new friends in the community! April is flying by...

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.