Saturday 13 April 2024

Friday's Fave Five - 12/4/24


Well I'm a day late here but it's still good to look back on the week and find the blessings and then share them with Susanne and other like minded bloggers here.

1)  Warm weather.  We've still had some rain showers this week but we've also had some lovely spells of sunshine.  Plus it was a lot warmer!  I went for a walk today in just a short sleeved top.  Well I started out with a cardigan on but that soon came off.  It was lovely to be out in the sunshine, smell a few BBQs and hear lawnmowers with the lovely smell of freshly cut grass.

2)  I've completed the Diabetes Prevention Programme.  The last session was last Monday.  Thankfully my last test results show I'm no longer in the pre-diabetic range so it's been worthwhile doing the programme.  We started with a group of 15 but only 5 of us stuck it out to the end.  

3)  We've had a few quiet days this week after having family here last week so it's been nice getting the house straight at a leisurely pace.

4)  A lovely morning with Granddaughter Ella on Wednesday.  She was very happy to come to our house.  She enjoyed helping me refill the bird food containers in the garden.  Then we had a good session with Playdoh



Followed by a lunch of plain pasta which she finished and then quite a big banana.  She can be a bit fussy about food but she was obviously hungry.

5)  As well as getting the house straight I also sorted out quite a few things this week and Hubby did 2 trips to the local recycling centre on Friday - we had a few bits and pieces in the garden that couldn't go in our usual rubbish bins so it was good to get rid of them.  I have quite a few items that I'll probably try to sell or give away on Facebook marketplace plus several boxes of things to take to charity shops but it feels good to have things a little bit more organised than they were.  I'm thankful that Hubby does trips like that.  And he cut the grass!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all.

3 comments:

  1. Ella is so cute!! Nice that she got some grandma time!! Congrats on completing the Diabetes Prevention Program! We are enjoying a few days a beautiful weather here, too. Happy weekend, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandchildren are a blessing! I am due for a checkup and have been borderline diabetic. I think I need to take the class again. I went with my husband a few years ago and now I need reinforcement. We are purging now also. We have a lot of stuff in the garage and we have to get work done before it gets to hot! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie Ella is. Fun to have that time with her. Good for you for tackling some organizing and recycling projects. We have a recycling day coming up where residents can put things on the curb for others to take and I need to get to it. Goodness knows I probably could put quite a few things out there. Good job on getting that course done and the good results that came with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.