Friday 5 April 2024

Friday's Fave Five - 5/4/24


It's Friday so time to reflect on the week and find the good things.  Our host Susanne who blogs here is great at reminding us to do this each week.   Here are mine:

1.  Family time on Saturday - we had all the family here - total chaos but I do love seeing all the little ones having fun together.


So hard to get them all looking at the camera and smiling!

Post Easter egg hunt!

2.  More family time - grandson Nathan turned 7 on Sunday.  The parents took all the children to see a film in the morning and then we joined them for lunch at The Big Easy in Canary Wharf.




3.  The library.  A recurring thing here but I do love that I can walk to my library, it has a good selection of books and it's easy to request books from other libraries when I need to.  This week I also visited with grandsons Noah and Miles to give them a bit more variety of books to read.  

4.  Extended time with grandsons Noah and Miles - they arrived last Friday and will go home tomorrow.  My DIL went home on Wednesday so my son has been single parenting since then.  I love watching him interact with his kids - he does a great job.  (All my kids do actually although I may be a little bit biased here lol.)

5. A great team of volunteers at the Foodbank.  We all have our individual skills but we work well as a team and this week we helped a lot of people - it was busy!  We had a visit from the CEO of our council and I think she was suitably impressed with what we do whilst acknowledging it's sad that the service is needed.

Plus I had some tulips from son and DIL and although we've had quite a few showers there has been some sunshine.  And more daylight - our clocks sprung forward last weekend.  All things to lift your mood.

Have a good weekend all.

6 comments:

  1. what a nice list of blessings God brought into your life this week! the grands are all getting so big!! Happy #7 to Nathan...i remember the week I turned 7 i got my first pair of cats eye blue eyeglasses....boy did i think those were just the bomb! hahah (1967...the big trend!).

    I love that you've had tulips and sunshine. My tulips are not opened up but hopefully soon......i do have some crocuses up.

    Enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that kind of chaos! You are so blessed. I have to drive to my library so I try to get the e-books from them when I can. It is a very pleasant place though, even has a coffee area and I should go there more often.
    Our church has just started a Food Bank and I'm thinking of volunteering. It's such a worthwhile cause.
    I hope you have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun times with the grandkids! I'm glad Nathan had a good birthday. It's nice to have a team that works well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your littles are all adorable and it is such a blessing that you can have them with you so often!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have all the family together for Easter and for Nathan's birthday. Love all the photos!
    Lucky you to live walking distance to the local library! I might have to pull The Prof out of there every evening :)
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday to your grandson! So nice that your family could get together for the occasion. How nice to be able to walk to your local library! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.