It's Friday so it's time to join in with Suzanne's Friday's Fave Five.
It's a place to come on Fridays and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.
If you want to take part or visit other Fave Five posts, click on the picture above to go to host Suzanne's site and check out the linky list.
Here are my 5 for this week:
1. Family gatherings. We had two last weekend. Saturday we all got together to celebrate one of our nephew's 21st birthday plus his successful graduation from university. His parents have a lovely house with a large garden and the weather was lovely so we were able to enjoy being outdoors.
|The 3 youngest great niece and nephews, Poppy, Teddy and Flynn.|
|Teddy slept through most of the proceedings - even when he got wet!|
|Poppy looking pleased with herself having pulled out her feeding tube. A temporary relief for her.|
2. Friendships. On Tuesday I got together with my "lunch ladies". There are 4 of us who meet up regularly taking it in turn to host lunch. Two of them are going through difficult times at the moment so it's good to be able to support them as I know they would support me if needed.
3. Family support. A few of us have set up a social network group this week to encourage each other as we attempt to get fit/lose weight or both! I've been trying to walk every day and have succeeded this week but it's nice when we all report how we're doing and support one another.
4. Reading. It's good to have time to read.
5. Car insurance. Our car was damaged this week when a recovery truck crashed into our neighbour's car knocking it into ours. Fortunately we're insured so the car is already at a garage to be repaired and we have a courtesy car in the meantime.
So a good week and our son and his wife are now safely back from a holiday in Vermont after attending a wedding in Syracuse. It was nice to have the place to ourselves for a bit but it's also good to have them back.
Have a good weekend.