Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around?
If your definition of my world is my immediate surroundings and family then definitely. If I left things to my husband we would be in a sorry state of affairs! Lol As for the wider world it’s the absolute opposite.
2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'.
I love these obscure days! I used a tape measure yesterday when we fitted a new towel rail to the bathroom door. I always know where to find a tape measure in the house unless the last person to use it hasn’t returned it to its home! My children and family make me feel blessed beyond measure.
3.The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why?
The Plaza Hotel sounds good right now. I could do with a break and being waited on.
4. Where and when do you get your best ideas?
That should come under the random thought because there’s no rhyme or reason to that. Sometimes in bed, sometimes in the early morning when it’s quiet, sometimes in the middle of being busy.
5. So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good?
Having discovered Netflix I have watched a lot of episodes of The Good Wife but in the last few weeks I’ve been watching a lot of news and politics programmes. Not necessarily good but there’s so much going on here right now and Larry the Downing Street Cat has gained fame.
6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.
Make sure you put sunscreen on! Can usually guarantee that if we pack the sunscreen we never need it and when we forget it the sun will shine.
7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned.
Don’t dwell on the past because you can’t change it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.Being a Labour supporter is quite difficult right now. I can’t see a good ending to the political debacle that’s going on within the party.