Saturday 30 July 2016

SoCS 30/7/16 - Art



If you would like to take part click here to visit Linda's site to post your link and find the links of other bloggers taking part. (The rules of the challenge are posted at the end of this post.)

 Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “art.” Write a post regarding “art,” be it an object or a name. Note: I’m not asking you to draw something, but if you’d like to, we’d love to see that too! Enjoy!

Hmm Art?  Well I don't have an artistic bone in my body so I definitely won't be posting pictures of any of my drawings.  Mainly because I don't draw.  Or paint, or sculpt or any other activity that constitutes art.  

But then what does constitute art?  It seems a very loose term given some of the modern art exhibits I've seen.  I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but often works of modern art are not in the least bit beautiful and, it seems to me, that it's a bit random as to how somebody can strive for years producing good paintings or sculptures for example but never get recognised as talented, and other people can throw a pile of bricks together or set up their (very messy) bed as a work of art and suddenly they are declared as masterpieces and the creators are famed and make fortunes.

Clearly there's no logic to it and of course art isn't logical although some works do follow logical patterns.  Give me a good landscape or portrait but don't give me a pile of s*&&t!

If my post offends you please accept my apology.  As I said, I'm not artistic but I do have an opinion and reserve the right to express it.


Here are the rules for this challenge:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours.  Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. For me, art is not just about drawings though (I certainly can't draw), it is about creating something whether it be a wonderful dish, a gripping novel, an outfit lovingly sewn...the list goes on. I like to consider myself an artist with words! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes art takes many forms but some are just stranger than others lol

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.