It's a place to come on Fridays and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.
If you want to take part or visit other Fave Five posts, click on the picture above to go to host Suzanne's site and check out the linky list.
Well I'm a day late again this week due to a trip to Nottingham yesterday but that leads me in nicely to 5 things I'm thankful for this week:
1) The ability to drive and having a car. Of course we could get to Nottingham on the train. It's not a million miles away but it wouldn't have given us the flexibility that was needed yesterday.
2) Quick decisions. We went to Nottingham to change hubby's suit for our son's upcoming wedding. Our son had gone and chosen suits for himself, best man, and fathers of the bride and groom in an outlet retail park near to where he lives in Nottingham. We had provided the measurements for hubby but, you've guessed it, the suit didn't fit too well. So yesterday we went up to see about getting it changed. That was successfully done. But then I noticed one of the stores was a brand that I've worn before, particularly for special events, like weddings! I hadn't done much looking around for my wedding outfit yet but I went into the store. Selected 3 dresses to try on, tried on 2 of them and bought 1. Quickest decision I think I've ever made for a wedding outfit but it just felt right. You'll have to wait until August for pics though and I still need to sort out accessories.
3) Technology. I've never wanted to go to Glastonbury. The thought of all the crowds and mud etc horrifies me but the chance to watch some of the performers live is tempting but since the advance of technology I can watch them in the comfort of my own home.
Here is Adele singing Someone like you for example.
4) A hubby who likes cooking. Had some lovely homemade soup this week.
5) Birthday celebrations. Have to mention these. All very low key last Sunday but all the immediate family were here and hubby cooked a lovely roast dinner. One of my best friends also dropped in on the Saturday so we had a good time catching up.
It was a good week when I stop to think about it. Hope yours was too.