Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Well, although I was busy yesterday (see below) and it's Thursday morning here, I think it's still Wednesday in some parts of the world so here we go:
1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house?
I thing it depends on why you are moving. Apart from the obvious of packing and unpacking being the worst bit, leaving things, especially people, can be hard, even if the decision to move is for a good reason. Setting up home with hubby for the first time was obviously one of the best things about moving, but that also meant leaving my Mum.
2. What's moved you recently?
My son and daughter at their wedding. Seeing them so happy together.
3. Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so?
Definitely forward. We’re moving into the retired phase gradually.
4. On the move, move mountains, get a move on, it's your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain.
I need to “get a move on” with decorating our spare bedroom. We have guests staying next month and right now it’s mid redecoration.
5. What song makes you want to get up and move?
I'm useless when it comes to music and naming songs - anything lively and with catchy lyrics would probably work.
6. Your favourite snack to grab when you're 'on the move'?
Totally impractical but anything chocolate.
7. What one accessory makes your house feel like home?
Well I’d like to say family but I don’t think they’d appreciate being called accessories! I’ll settle with familiar things, photos etc.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Nothing like having a deadline to make you get a move on but I feel a bit two steps forward one back right now. There will probably be a mad panic in the final few days before our guests arrive! I spent yesterday taking up the old carpet which was foam backed. That was fun, not! I then defrosted the freezer, (moving mountains of ice) something I’ve been meaning to do for a while. Today will be a rest day. I’m listening to my body and it won’t be busting any moves today.