Wednesday 22 February 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 22/2/17



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?

Not proper fishing no and it’s not something I want to try.  I’d definitely be throwing them back but I’d prefer to just enjoy the peace and quiet with a book. Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?

I definitely think I’m a small fish in a big pond!
2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
Keys in my purse – they always seem to disappear into a corner.  I don’t have a kitchen junk drawer – when we redid the kitchen we opted for no drawers.  It was a challenge at first but it works for us.

3. Your favourite fish tale or movie?
As a child my parents would often take me to the fair when it came on holidays.  I can remember winning a goldfish on one of the stalls.  It came in a clear plastic bag.  We travelled home on the bus and at some point the fish was jolted out of the bag.  Somehow we managed to retrieve it and it actually survived.
 


4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
Twilight and night I guess.  I’m not an early riser and I’m often doing things late in the evening and then reading into the night.

5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
Well I am counting shoes in with clothing and I have a pair of trainers I feel like I’ve had forever.  But they are still in fairly good shape and so comfortable.  I wear them when I’m walking if it’s a bit on the wet/muddy side.
6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
Have a getaway planned for the beginning of April and definitely looking forward to that.  I miss being able to get out walking when the weather’s bad, but I love getting out when it's bright and sunny even if it's cold.
7.  The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favourite JB tune?
Not a margarita person but I guess it’s an excuse for a glass of red!  I had to look Jimmy up so don’t have a favourite tune of his.
8.  Insert your own random thought here.

My eldest brother and I have never been particularly close – age and distance divide us but we do keep in touch.  It was still a bit of shock to hear yesterday that the problems he’s had with his spine (a cracked vertebrae that had to be fused) were probably caused by the tumour they have discovered.  Hopefully a course of radiotherapy will put him into remission.  I know I can count on those of you who pray to think of him.

16 comments:

  1. Will be praying for your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can absolutely be counting on me to pray for your brother and his complete healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep your brother in my prayers. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading about the goldfish and how it survived both the bus ride and being out of water for a short period of time. Happy it survived. Hope that your brother heals quickly and is in less pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy...first of all, I'm sorry about your brother...hopefully treatment will take care of it all and even more so, that through it all, your relationship grows closer. Interesting and fun hodgepodge answers! Have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have many memories of bringing a goldfish back from a fair in a plastic bag. Your brother is in my prayers, praying for a successful outcome from the radiotherapy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! What a fish story! I'm so glad the poor goldfish survived :)
    I'm sorry to learn that your brother is going through some difficult times, but I'll gladly keep him in my prayers.
    Have a good day,
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We never had goldfish growing up, but hubs and I had a salt water aquarium for a few years. It was beautiful, but we did accidentally murder a few fish trying to get the tank going. It definitely takes patience and knowledge as to which fish can live with various other fish. We learned some of that the hard way : ) I'm sorry to hear about your brother's health challenges. Hoping for a good outcome with his treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your post just reminded me of a game that when I was a kid my family would play together. It was a fishing game with real hooks and you had to try to catch the plastic fish This was a great game til one day I got the hook in my foot somehow and had to go to the hospital After that my mom got rid of game
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember winning a fish at the fair which you had to take home in a plastic bag. It must have been a shock to hear about your brother. Let's hope the treatment is very effective

    ReplyDelete
  11. No drawers in the kitchen, that's definitely different! That is some fish tale. Glad you have a getaway planned, it is nice to have something to look forward to. I will pray for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! So sorry to hear about the tumor. How great that they found it, though! Said a prayer for him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You rescued your goldfish that's nice ! I had to babysit the two goldfishes of my son and had put the bowl high up in the kitchen, with the result that all cats were sitting on our kitchen table trying to catch the fishes !! Imagine the picture ! I had to put the bowl into another place !

    ReplyDelete
  14. It must not have been easy to rescue the goldfish on a bus! I am sorry to hear of the problems your brother is having and pray that the treatment will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your brother and sending positive thoughts for his healing.

    Fun fishing theme in this week's hodgepodge. I enjoy eating fish, but don't like catching them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear about the health issues with your brother. Definitely saying a prayer for him and wisdom for his doctors.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.