Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. What's the last thing you did that someone else thought was super?
I think my son and DIL thought hubby and I were pretty super this week when we went to help them move from their rented flat to their own home. Especially when we took dinner with us and cooked it for them.
2. The last thing you ate that tasted superb?
Struggling with this. Trying to remember when we ate out last where food was superb. Probably when we went to a French restaurant in the city.
3. Supersensitive, superstitious, superwoman, superambitious, supercilious, supervisor, superficial...pick a super word from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way recently or currently.
Well I can definitely be supersensitive at times. But see #1 I felt a bit like superwoman doing all that moving. We were both exhausted by the time we got home though.
4. Do you love easily? If you're comfortable doing so, explain why you think that is.
I think I love easily but trust takes a while.
5. Valentine's Day lands on a Tuesday this year. Will you mark the day in some way? If you're celebrating with a dinner out somewhere will it be on Tuesday or will you celebrate over the weekend?
We don’t tend to make a big thing of Valentine’s Day. Maybe because we did decide to go for a meal one year and the restaurant had obviously decided to cram in as many tables for 2 as would fit. We were all so close to neighbouring tables that it was definitely not a romantic setting. And of course it was overpriced.
6. What's something you are loving right now?
Not having to get up for work anymore and being able to pick and choose what I want to do most days.
7 Write a three word (or less) phrase you'd like to see on a Valentine candy heart.
Kiss me slowly. (We often see hats on sale particularly at seaside resorts with Kiss me Quick on them. I don't want to be kissed quickly. Or maybe they're trying to say "Kiss me, quick" as in don't wait!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thankful for the safe delivery of my cousin’s 8th grandchild today. Her daughter’s first baby was born very premature and had a difficult start. This baby was full term and all seems well.
Also thankful for the ongoing care Poppy is receiving. She had another minor (planned) op this week to change the feeding tube she needs. She now has a button and is already home. We’re looking forward to her baptism this weekend.