Monday 9 April 2018

Taking a breath.....



 


Phew, I'm finally back to where I need to be.  I have a week of A-Z posts scheduled.  I've visited a few new blogs, especially those who've left me comments and I've done a quick whiz round of the blogs I follow.

It was hectic last week, well started the week before really, leading up to the Easter Weekend which included a special little boy's 1st birthday.  It's hard to believe Nathan is now 1.



Going from this:
To this:

 
 
It's been an amazing journey and I've been so lucky to be able to follow him so closely.

But now that he's a year old Becca has had to go back to work.  She'll be working 3 days a week so I will be looking after him 2 days and Vicky will do the 3rd day.  Last week was the proper start of that although I have been going over regularly the last few weeks and taking him while Becca went out or got on with jobs in the house.  He's used to me so that helps but he's also getting very heavy!
I think it's going to take me a few more weeks to get used to getting up earlier on those days and juggling my routines around a little bit.

Thankfully things will be a little bit easier at home in a few weeks - my son and his wife have finally got a completion date for the purchase of their own flat - 23rd April, so they will be moving out and we will be back to an empty nest.  It's been lovely having them here although it's been longer than they hoped and we were all beginning to get a bit worried that they might still be here when the baby comes!   

Now I'm going to put my feet up for a bit until it's time to prepare dinner.  Thank you to all those who've been encouraging me with the A-Z Challenge.  It's been more challenging that I wanted it to be as I didn't get many posts prepared in advance.  I'm always the same when I think I have plenty of time to get something done - I leave it until the last minute and then I'm chasing my tail. But I definitely work better under pressure.  Well that's my excuse.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to get around to as many A to Z blogs as I would have liked to last week. Trying to do better this coming week. I had forgotten how much time it takes :-) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying your A-Z. Hard to believe your Nathan is a year old already! Time goes much too fast!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.