Wednesday 25 April 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 25/4/18



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

1. They say you learn something new every day. What did you learn yesterday?
Than my Grandson doesn’t like satsumas.  He was very adept at separating them from fromage frais and spitting them out!
2. Have you ever had a now or never moment? Elaborate.
When our daughter and her wife invited us to join them on a trip to Australia.   Hubby has always wanted to travel more but I’ve had mental health issues that have made travelling difficult for me.  It’s something I’ve worked hard to overcome so when the offer was made I decided to take the bull by the horns and just say yes.  Hubby’s response was, “Quick book the flights before she changes her mind.”   The trip wasn’t totally anxiety free but I am so glad that I decided to go. 
3.  April 25th is National Telephone Day. Do you still have a land line or have you gone mobile only? When you receive a text message do you respond immediately? Last time you turned your phone off?  In two or three sentences share with us a story/memory/incident from your childhood (or something current if that's too hard) where the telephone is featured.
We still have a landline but our mobiles get more use.  I do try and respond to text messages fairly quickly and although I try not to be a slave to my phone it is hard.  I rarely turn my phone off but in places like theatres, cinema, hospitals it’s always off.  When I was younger we had a landline but my cousin still had to rely on the call box at the corner of her street.  She would ring me and then I would call her back. 
4. Close call, at someone's beck and call, call the shots, call a meeting, call it quits, call in sick, call on the carpet, wake up call...which call have you 'heard' recently? Explain. 
Well I am at Grandson Nathan’s beck and call 2 days a week now and he has a very loud call lol.   He also has a very infectious laugh.
5. What subject do you wish you'd paid more attention to in school?
Umm I hate to admit it but I was pretty much a goody two shoes at school so I pretty much listened to everything I was told.  Not that I can remember much of it now!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We’ve nearly got an empty nest again!  My son and his wife got the keys to their own flat on Monday and are in the throes of moving out.  We’ll miss them and now I have no excuse for sorting out our clutter!

4 comments:

  1. Australia ~ what an amazing trip and opportunity! You're lucky to spend so much time with your grandson - I bet he loves you tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge! Glad you said now or never and went on that trip! I know you had a great time. Congrats on the empty nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you made the trip too. Traveling comes with a bit of anxiety for me as well but I'm usually glad I've said yes. Congrats on your empty nest : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy,
    I am glad you made the trip too. It will be something everyone will remember forever. And you are brave to take the challenge to over come your fear.
    Hugs to you, Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.