Wednesday 25 March 2020

20 in 20 - Photo of the Week #12 - 22/3/20



This is the aftermath of the forest fire that swept across the area last summer.

A very old Oak tree.
These were taken on our daily walk today.

I am so thankful that we have open space and wooded areas right on our doorstep, especially now that we are in Lock Down.  We are still allowed to take one walk a day and the weather this week has been very co-operative.  Although there are other people about, with such a lot of space it's easy to keep to the safe social distance of 2 m.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are allowed to get out of the house and take a walk! We aren't locked down (yet). Joe and I only go out if we need groceries or have an appointment that hasn't been canceled. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. We are so lucky where we are. Many of the parks have been closed because too many people were using them. No fencing around our open space.

      Delete
  2. I was wondering about that! (if you can go out)--its a little like prison? Just wondering...we dont have a "total lockdown" here in NY yet. I am sure its coming. We do though, have strict orders not to congregate more than 5 (or is it 10? I don't know). EVERYTHING but essentials are closed, order of our governor. Walks are frowned upon, but are allowed.

    I have been sticking close to home. It seems perhaps, I had this virus already. I was deathly ill last spring with reoccurring pneumonia and flu like symptoms for like 15-20 days...anyways...WHATEVER it was, it was not good, the dr.'s couldn't figure out what it was. I once told my husband to just put me out of my misery, its tough when one has asthma...just saying.

    ANYWAYS-forgive me for being a downer, not meaning too be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard not to be down at times like these Linda. It would be good if you have already had this thing and got over it. With asthma it's not a good mix. Stay safe and well.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.