Sunday 29 March 2020

#WDIIA - Sunday 29th March 2020

We lost an hour today thanks to the clocks springing forward.  Well that was my excuse for not being up as bright and early as I'd intended.

I'd decided I need a bit more structure to these days of isolation although of course I have hubby with me so we're duolating.  We're still on speaking terms so that's good.

Anyway I set myself a few tasks to complete which filled some time.  I also caught up with part of my extended family's school group.  My cousins, who I went away with last year, have created a WhatsApp group for their children and grandchildren to share what they're doing and to try and keep the younger ones occupied.  It helps that several of the younger adults are teachers .  This week they've been learning about bees.

One of the tasks was to draw a bee.  Another was to draw a rainbow as that's a symbol that's being used to show hope and solidarity with our NHS.  The next topic they're going to work on is the human heart.

Well the grown ups were supposed to be taking part too so I did my bit this morning:



As you can see I'm no artist but it did fill some time and it was quite therapeutic as it was a welcome distraction from watching/reading the news.

Combining that with some chores, then dinner and then our usual walk and another day is almost done.  WDIIA?  Sunday?

3 comments:

  1. I would say your ARE indeed an artist!! Love the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ... time does get structured differently if you are always stuck at home. And I do have way more time on my hands, which I love. But I miss my out of the house stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.