Wednesday 25 March 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 25/3/20

Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
From this side of the pond 

This was a regular meme up until September 2018 when after 9 years Joyce decided, for various reasons, to give it up.  Now, in these challenging times, she has decided to start it up again.  Thank you Joyce.  I'm sure many, like me, have missed it.

If you want to take part or just see what others have posted pop over to Joyce's page - the Linky List is at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

Here are the questions:

1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It's kind of fun to be back, isn't it?  Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that's happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don't know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.

Ha, after the arrival of these 3 in 2017 and 2018 things have been a little quiet!  (Of course we've just been busy adjusting to being Grandparents and loving every minute of it.)

This was taken Christmas 2019.  Not sure when we'll get all 3 together next.


2. Might as well get this out of the way early on...COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn't create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won't only have virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.


1-Not at all, living normally
2-Cautious but still going out
3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family
4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people
5-Full lockdown, no one in or out

We're at 4 right now and have been since yesterday.  We can only go out to get essential supplies, for medical reasons or for a walk or run where social distancing is strictly observed.  And we can only go out once a day.  The police have been given powers to fine anyone (on the spot) breaching the rules or being with more than one other person unless you're all from the same household. 

3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it's all said and done? What's something delcious you've cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?

My hand is down.  Thankfully we've been using Hello Fresh for a while now on and off and they still seem to be making deliveries ok.  We also signed up to Simply Cook which is a bit trickier as they provide sauces/spice mixes but you have to get the other ingredients yourself.  Between these though we are enjoying plenty of variety.  Plus I do have quite a good stock of food, including in the freezer.  I also managed to snag a couple of online delivery slots from the supermarket before that got difficult.  Hopefully we'll be ok.

4. What's a television show or movie you've seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?

I actually haven't watched a lot of TV recently apart from the news.

5. Share something funny you've seen or heard this week.

Where to start?  There are so many pictures floating around on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram that it's really difficult to pick just one.  Our extending family group is going strong with jokes too. 

How about this one:


6. Insert your own random thought here:

These are hard times but I'm just thankful for our own circumstances where we have everything we need.  Many are not so fortunate.  Stay safe and well everyone.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, nice to meet you, too. I miss my grandchildren as well (and their parents). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had the family together on Sunday and have no idea when the next time will be as our son and his family live in a county that our governor has ordered to shelter at home. Total lock down except for emergencies or getting supplies. We used Hello Fresh for a while after Christmas when they gave me a good deal. We really enjoyed their meals. That Waldo meme is a hoot! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Where's Waldo, smiles. Here, in western NY, our governor has sort of gone off the deep end in regards to "house arrest" (we call it that, grin)...I understand caution, but then there is overreaching consequences. I read that about the UK...I guess the world is just scared.

    Have a great day, friend, regardless of the restrictions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, that Where's Waldo! Funny!
    Take Care Wendy!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the Waldo. I think each day brings its own challenges. Nice to see blue skies and sunshine outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the good weather is definitely helping.

      Delete
  6. The online meal service businesses are booming I'm sure. We ordered a couple last week but couldn't get them until next week which is longer than normal. Still we took them because there is not a lot of meat in the market. I am normally pretty well stocked, but feel like we'll be eating more pasta and carbs than normal just because they're more available than fresh. Your grands are darling! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading your hodgepodge post. Grandchildren are one of life's most precious gifts.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello friend! You are so fortunate that your country has imposed fines. I wish our local governments would do the same because it's ridiculous to see so many people out needlessly. We have had several cities close their beaches and threaten fines and jail time to people who are on the beach. The Spring Breakers were going NUTS here! On a different note, I was shocked to hear that Prince Charles tested positive for the virus. I think that this virus is humbling so many people with the way it's affecting all walks of life. It's a huge wake up call for sure! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy, good to see hodgepodgers again. Congratulations on those precious grandchildren. They are the best. Your food deliveries sound delicious. Stay safe and keep the Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that photo of you two with all three grands! It is so fun having the Hodgepodge back!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That seems extreme for the police, though I can see why. I just heard that the US has the highest number of cases, I'm amazed at all the people that are still going out and ignoring everything. I'm hating not going anywhere. I don't usually go that many places anyways, but I want to go shopping, I want to go to a restaurant with friends. I'm not liking it. Also, I live below a 5 year old, and they are getting very restless, so it's not very quiet here. I'd be ok staying at home if it were quieter, but as my co worker reminded me the other day, the 5 year old can't help being a 5 year old.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.