Tuesday 17 March 2020

A - Z Challenge 2020 - Theme reveal!

#AtoZChallenge 2020 badge

Theme Reveal #AtoZChallenge 2020 badge

Yes I'm a day late.  Mainly because I'm still dithering a bit about the challenge this year.  Months ago I had a theme in mind that I even started doing some work on.  Then we took the decision to move house and I thought I had a perfect alternative theme. 

Now we're unlikely to be going anywhere thanks to the Corona virus.  We're not at total lock down yet in the UK but tougher measures are being introduced day by day so I don't think it will be long before we are.  Currently we have accepted an offer on our house but haven't found somewhere to buy.  We were going to take a second look at a house today and possibly make an offer only to hear that the owners have taken the property off the market.

We have 3 viewings lined up for Saturday but who knows what might have happened by then.  We may find ourselves having to abandon our plans to move for the time being.  It's a waiting game.

One reason for dithering over the A - Z challenge was that I thought I might not have enough time to complete my posts if I was moving house.  Now I think I will be glad of having posts to think about during what will probably be a period of self isolation at some point.  

Anyway, true to my blog's name I'm waffling.  I'm going with moving house for my theme, even if I'm staying put!

16 comments:

  1. That's a good one for you. Maybe you could take photos of the prospective new homes and post them so we can vote on which one is the best!! I am now back from my travels which I cut short. Family discussion in the morning about how to manage this next stage. I will probably move in with my daughter and sil as she is the most vulnerable and will need to stay in isolation if poss. Not easy when you have two young children hence me moving in with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We (hubby and I) also discussed the possibility of moving in with Nathan and his Mummies but I'm not sure we wouldn't drive each other mad lol

      Delete
  2. This C-19 has the whole world topsy-turvey. Things have settled down a bit here in our town, just yesterday to today. We all have to get used to a new 'normal' before we can ever, if ever, get back to life the way we knew it. Keep us posted, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think things will get worse here before they get better :(

      Delete
  3. It is a crazy time for sure! Hoping things will go smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A to Z of house moving! I'm sure you'll have lots to write about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or I might be staying put and have nothing to write about lol

      Delete
  5. Oh my. What a hard time it is for everyone - on the earth! Finally, finally ... we are all pulling to gather and suffering together about something. I guess this virus did what no man could ever do - unit humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has certainly been a lot of community spirit displayed here.

      Delete
  6. When life gives you lemons, write about them for the A to Z Challenge. Good topic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'll keep my fingers crossed that the house move will go a good way for you! I'm looking forward to reading your challenge. I am working remotely a few days a week. We are self-isolating, so it gives me some sort of a routine. There are so few places to go right now, anyway, with restaurants and so many businesses closed. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving houses is an infrequent event. Especially that of selling one and buying one. Writing about it is useful. I came to blogging field by first reading about a marathon run. Today, blogging provided the important vehicle for my global service in the field of education. Encourage to write about the topic.

    My effort: Trying to document IE practice in Top Global Engineering Companies. #AtoZChallenge April Writing
    Industrial Engineering Practice in Top Global Manufacturing Companies - Top 100

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspiring how your stuck to your theme. It would be a task for you. Hope to read from you. Good luck :)
    Do check out if my theme interests you: http://www.rightpurchasing.com/a2zchallenge/
    --rightpurchasing.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.