Friday 13 March 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 13/3/20



It Friday so it's time to look back and find 5 things to be grateful for from the last week. Our host, Susanne, can be found here along with a linky to other bloggers taking part.
 

Here are mine:

1)  Fine weather with Grandson Rory.  This is a recurring thing for me but it really does make the days easier if we can get out.  The weather has been mixed this week but we did have enough dry spells to get to the shops and the park.  Where we saw these:

They have grown so much since we spotted them as chicks.

2)  Our NHS system.  Poor Grandson Noah slipped and nearly had a nasty fall on the front steps of his house.  Unfortunately, although Mummy prevented him banging his head he dislocated his elbow and suffered a slight fracture.  He's been to A& E (Accident & Emergency) several times this week and hopefully now his elbow is back in place and the fracture should heal in about 5 weeks.  I'm grateful that despite all the pressure the Corona virus is putting on our health system it was still there for our little Noah.

3)  Having quite a lot of supplies in my house.   Thanks to a lot of space I'm able to have a good stock of canned goods, cleaning stuff and things like toilet rolls etc.  Today I've went shopping to make sure I had enough ingredients for meals just in case we find ourselves needing to self isolate.  There were plenty of fresh items but there were no toilet rolls, no pasta or spaghetti and no wipes or hand sanitiser.  I'm very glad I already had a supply of these!  The supermarket was really busy and it was clear some people were really panic buying.

4)  A buyer for our house!  The young couple who came for a second look last week made an offer and after a bit of negotiation we're now agreed on a price.  They have sold their flat to first time buyers so all we have to do now is find a house to buy!

5)  Houses to look at - we're seeing 4 tomorrow.  Hopefully one of them might be "the one" but we'll wait and see.  

Assuming we get to see them all - I received this earlier today from one of the estate agents:


As we are due to show you properties tomorrow, we will be taking extra precaution with regards to the prevention of spreading Coronavirus.

We are requesting that anyone wishing to enter the property will need to wash their hands with soap and warm water upon entering the property. We will be providing individual hand towels for everyone.

Please note, if we feel that anyone is in notably unwell or showing symptoms upon arrival, we have been asked to not allow entry to the property and re-arrange your viewing for a future date. This is a necessary precaution to protect our staff, sellers, tenants and their families.

Following from the Government & NHS Advice, please note we will not be shaking hands upon arrival or departure and as recommend, we asking for all viewers to keep their distance of at least 2 metres from our agents/sellers. 

Of course this is sensible advice but the medication I take often causes me to have a dry cough and Nick is always clearing his throat.   We know it's normal for us but other people might be a wary of us.  Hopefully it won't cause any problems tomorrow.  Wish us luck! 

Have a good weekend all.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on selling your house!! Good luck with your hunt! We are experiencing the same shortages here. People are crazy. Use some common sense!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think common sense might be in short supply too Terri lol

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on selling your home. I pray you will find a new one quickly but just exactly what you want. I pray too that you won't have any problems tomorrow. I know how it is. I have allergies and cough from time to time. Today in the restaurant we were in I coughed several times and worried other across the room might think I was sick. I can't wait to hear if you find a home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. All I seem to be doing is looking at houses online and then trying to work out which ones to physically visit.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the sale of your house. Hope you find somewhere soon. I know what you mean about coughing in public. It is a nighmare if you have an allergy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might get tricky. Especialy if all the agents start imposing restrictions.

      Delete
  4. Poor little Noah, hope he didn't suffer too much ! You are lucky your house is sold we still have a lot of visitors, and a few offers but Cedric wants to wait a bit.
    I am "happy" to hear that people in the UK are also so crazy as here in
    Belgium where the supermarkets were nearly emptied yesterday with lines of 150 caddies stocking rice and nudles and TOILET PAPER !! Crazy. I haven't done anything but watching all these crazy people on TV and Ric this morning went shopping in peace, the shelves were full again, and not many people. Of course they all went yesterday.It's not a war where we can't get food. Our prime Minister told it several times on TV but apparently nobody listened, it was real hysterical ! And on American blogs I read that they also ran out of Toilet paper !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Noah is doing ok thanks. Yes it is crazy here and I think more restrictions will soon be put in place.

      Delete
  5. Here in NY people are definitely in panic mode. Particularly the ones who have no relationship with Christ so don't have that inner peace. It's sad! I have a small "pantry" area in the basement where i keep a variety of beans, soups, coffee, cereals and grains stocked up. As for TP i just bought my normal one package. I'm not panicking at all. It's a virus that most people with good immune systems will be able to deal with.

    Love the photo of the ducks! So sweet!

    Congrats on the house sale! Good luck with the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on having a buyer for your house! Wow! That was fast! We are still waiting, and now, we probably won't have any lookers.
    Our whole county is encouraged now to practice as much self isolation as possible. We've been to the store a couple of times and taken daily walks outside. At least the walks are isolating.
    I love all the reports on grandsons. I hope Noah is doing ok now. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor baby boy. That must have been terrifying for him and his mom! So glad he is now on the mend. Congratulations on selling your house! Praying you find the perfect one quickly!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.