Friday 27 March 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 27/3/20






We are on day 4 of Lock Down here in the UK.  In these difficult times it's even more important to take a breath from time to time and be positive.  That's why this meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is a lovely place to come and share our positivity.  Check out the link above to find who else is taking part.

Here are mine:

1)  Running water.  (And soap!)  We are constantly being told to wash our hands to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and we are able to do that without thinking about it.  Well I've had to think about it in that I'm also using more hand cream to prevent my hands getting dry and sore from all the washing.  I've also taken off my rings and put them away safely so that I didn't keep taking them on and off and putting them down and risking misplacing them.

2)  Being well.  Hubby and I are locked down together and so far we are fine.  There have been a few tense moments but we've dealt with those.

3)  Keeping in touch.  It's really hard not being able to visit family.  I miss them all so much.  But we are able to keep in touch with technology so easily.  And we're probably more in contact now with extended family than we usually are.

4)  Reading to the Grandkids.  I've made a couple of videos of me reading stories which I've shared with the kids.  I think they appreciate it.  Grandson Rory in particular loves looking at all the pictures and videos that we exchange on social media.

5)  Glorious weather and space to walk.  Being at home is not particularly hard for me but it has definitely been made easier with good weather this week and wide open space to go for a walk right on our doorstep.



So far we have been able to adjust to these enforced restrictions without any real problems.  We are definitely fortunate.

One thing I didn't include above but has to be mentioned is our NHS.  Everyone involved in it must be working so hard and it must be scary for them when they are putting themselves at risk every day and they are witnessing the worst of what this virus can do.

Yesterday at 8 pm we joined in with a show of solidarity for our NHS by standing outside our doors or on balconies etc and applauding them as they've been doing in other countries.  It was very moving.

Stay well and safe everyone.

12 comments:

  1. So important to look for the blessings from God during this health crisis. We are on day 13 here in NY. We have the highest incidence of covid19 in the entire USA. Most of the cases are centered 3 hours south of me in NYC area. Guess where I am NOT traveling to anytime soon????

    I love technology too and we are still able to connect with our precious students via google classroom and zoom videos. I even led my Bible study group last night via an audio chat on Discord app.

    Love getting out in the fresh air. Have been doing hiking in the woods near us and some walks in the neighborhood. I'm thankful it's SPRING!!

    Enjoy the weekend!! stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that you lead the same life as we do ! Except that (keeping distance) we meet for a walk, I mean Nicole and Myriam. Riccardo anyway doesn't go out and has hated walking since I know him. We have founded a little group of 5 on Whatsapp and I have discovered that we can talk together being 4 !! That's great, we see our faces and speak together. We have got an offer for our house which sounds good, but have to wait of course. I also found the ideal apartment where I wanted to be, which is also on hold. So if we are lucky we can combine both that would be ideal !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard being distanced from the grandkids. We see them on Facetime, but sometimes it almost makes it harder. I like your idea of recording stories for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending prayers my friend. I too love getting outside time during this, so thankful it is feeling like spring in Wisconsin.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found that washing for 20 seconds does dry out my hands even more than usual! I am thankful for soap and lotion, too--and technology. I'm glad you've had nice weather to walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely idea to record stories for the grandkids. You must be missing them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're day 10 or 11 on lockdown here in California. I forget. I forget a lot of things these days. lol - stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to make reading videos! It is nice that you have some good walking space to get out during this time in all our lives. Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think applauding the NHS is great. I have seen some post on FB about how grateful many are for those in the front lines facing the illness. So many, myself included are praying it will end soon. It is so sad to hear of how ill those who have the virus are and that some die. How fun to have made recording of reading books for the grands. I am sure they love it. Mine are all older and so I have the joy of texting them and calling them to talk. God bless and stay well to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to all of those points! Glad you are staying well. I sure do miss hugging and kissing the grandchildren, but FaceTime helps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our police service drove through the emergency circular drive with lights flashing and sirens going to salute the health care workers last night. I cried when I saw the video especially knowing that they too are putting their lives on the line and working hard at this time. There were about 2 dozen or so motorcycle officers, police cars, trucks and vans in the short parade. Yes praise God for running water and soap. I've been seeing videos of other third world countries where they are washing hands out of jugs of water. We are so privileged where we are in spite of it all right now. Praying this will all be over with sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had heard about the clapping all over the UK. What a sweet gesture of encouragement.
    Love your open space to walk in! It's so green! We've been walking lots every day, too. The golf course is closed, but we can walk the paths there.
    Yes, running water, soap and hand lotion are all blessings we take for granted.
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.