Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story is the host for this blog hop. Pop over to her blog to see who else is taking part and how to join in.
Essentially we pause on Fridays to think of 5 blessings from the previous week. Here are mine:
1) Time with Nathan. We saw him last Friday here and then on Saturday we babysat him so him Mummies could have some time out together. We're going to try and go more regularly now that we're not restricted quite so much. Loving his curls. His Mummies got their hair cut this week but Nathan refused to have his done. He wasn't impressed with having it done in the garden - he's used to going to a shop where you sit in a car while your hair is being cut lol.
2) We saw our eldest son! Matt came down last Saturday and stayed until Sunday. We hadn't seen him since February so it was lovely to finally get together. He also managed to visit both his brother and sister while here so a busy weekend for him.
3) I think we've finally got rid of most of the stuff we don't want to take with us when we move. I had freecycled a few items and they all got picked up this week and we arranged a bulky collection by the council for some other bits, including an old metal filing cabinet from the cellar. I'm sure there is probably more that we could jetison but I'm pleased with the progress we've made and we have plenty of space at the new house so we can take our time when we unpack and shed more items as we do.
4) I got my hair cut again this week. I'm loving having shorter hair but it does need trimming more regularly.
5) I also did a bit of shopping after getting my haircut. The shopping mall felt quite safe - one way systems were in place. It wasn't very busy and people were wearing masks. Many shops, especially the ones I used, had hand sanitizer available and restrictions on numbers etc. I managed to get my DIL (Rory's Mum) a birthday present for Sunday and spent a book voucher I'd received for my birthday. It almost felt normal.
No more news on the house moving front. Our buyers are coming tomorrow and bringing a builder with them. We're hoping that we can start talking about when exchange of contracts can take place so we can get a date for the actual move. In the meantime my house is very clean and tidy! And I'm exhausted lol. It has been so hot the last couple of days. But at least I wasn't working outside like some poor workmen were today. They created a cycle path on the opposite side of our road some time ago but, because of lockdown, it hadn't been resurfaced. Today, probably the hottest day of the year so far (30C+ high 90s F) they decided to tarmac the path. Those poor men must have been sweltering!
We're set to have several more days of this heat but we're off to Nottingham tomorrow where it will be slightly cooler. We're going to see Grandson Noah! Been way too long.
Enjoy the weekend all.