Wednesday's Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce over at "From this side of the Pond". Pop over there to see who is playing and how to join in. If you do join in remember to visit your neighbour on the Linky List. Have fun.
1. What's happening where you live in terms of schools opening? How do you feel about it?
Schools are due to re-open in September but there is much uncertainty about it. It's difficult. Many parents are saying it's not safe. Staff are nervous about it too. Although actually schools have been open for key workers' children (Healthcare staff etc) all the way through the pandemic. It's a tricky balancing act. The Government want workers back at work but many workers can only do that if their children are back at school.
2. What's something you still do 'old school'?
Text messaging in full sentences.
3. August 4th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. Will you/did you celebrate by baking a batch? Eating a batch? Nuts or no nuts? Homemade or store bought? Soft and chewy or do you prefer your cookie to snap when you bite into it?
Well I don't follow this calendar so no special eating for me although I do love a Chocolate Chip Cookie but no nuts thank you.
4. What are you starved for?
Hands on time with the Grandkids.
5. Anything new and interesting on your August calendar? What is one thing you're looking forward to this month?
We're going to visit Grandson Noah at the weekend. We haven't seen him since February. We have managed to see the other two but a trip to Nottingham hasn't really been possible.
I'd like to think we might have a moving date in August but it's looking more likely to be early September the way things are going.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I might not have known it was Chocolate Chip Cookie day but I had some in the house! (Not any more!)