Wednesday 26 August 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 26/8/20


Wednesday's Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce over at "From this side of the Pond".  Pop over there to see who is playing and how to join in.  If you do join in, remember to visit your neighbour on the Linky List.  Have fun. 

1. The Hodgepodge lands on National Dog Day this year (August 26th). Do you own a dog? Did you have a dog when you were growing up, or maybe some other kind of pet? Would you say you're more of a dog person or a cat person? Neither is okay too : )

We had a dog called Sandy when I was little.  He was a very gentle dog.  When I was in my late teens my parents bought me a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who had a very fancy pedigree name but answered to Smudge!  When I met my now Hubby it was a case of love me love my dog which fortunately he did so Smudge came to live with us until he sadly passed away.  We had a break from pets after that but later we got 2 kittens.  So I'm both a dog and cat persons.  We currently have neither but we do get visits from my son's greyhounds from time to time.

2. Last time you felt 'dog tired'?

Umm now!  I'm suffering with back pain at the moment so it's not helping my already disturbed sleep patterns - moving house often has me waking during the night and then I spend time going over the to do list and the arranging furniture list etc etc.  We're nearly there though.

3. It's said you can't teach an old dog new tricks. When did you last prove this idiom true or prove it wrong?

I think you can teach an old dog new tricks - look at how many older people have got to grips with new technology and coping with a pandemic.  But you need the old dog to want to learn lol

4. A favorite book, television show, or movie featuring a dog. Why did you love it?

I loved the film Marley & Me.  Very funny, very apt and also very sad.

5. Last time you had reason to (literally or figuratively) exclaim 'hot diggity dog'?

I have never made that exclamation!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

2 steps forward 1 back again this week.  It seems all parties have now signed the relevant contracts for our move but our buyers solicitor is still chasing down some enquiries in relation to the sale of their property so won't discuss exchange or completion dates! We're still hoping for 10th September but unless he agrees the dates by the end of the week it's looking more likely to be the following week!  We thought we were the ones holding things up but apparently not!

A few exclamations spring to mind but not ones I should share here lol.

10 comments:

  1. I don't think I've seen Marley and Me but it sounds familiar.

    That is true, we've all learned new ways of doing things during this pandemic.

    Nice to visit you!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about the old dog being willing to learn : ) I've been so impressed with people who've never used much technology now running meetings and church that way. Good luck with the move! I hope it moves along and you can close the deal on the date planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your back and how it has messed up your sleep patterns. I understand that. Hope the pain goes away. Also hope the finalization of the property exchanges will wrap up well so you can move sooner than later. Smudge is a cute name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your #3 made me giggle... yes, the old dog has to want to learn! Nothing like getting down to the last minute with the contract. I wouldn't be sleeping well either, Wendy. Hope things get moving again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. Yes Hubby is a bit like an old dog at times lol

      Delete
  5. I can't say I have a favorite movie or show featuring a dog, because at some point they always make me cry. Even if they have happy endings, then it's a happy cry! I hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, yes Marley & Me needs to be watched with tissues at the ready.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.