Wednesday 12 April 2017

J is for Journal...A-Z Challenge 2017

My theme for the 2017 challenge is waffling on about random words!

That might not seem like a theme but if you read on you’ll discover it’s not quite as random as it sounds.  The words were generated using a word generator (https://randomwordgenerator.com/) and I opted for 4 words each day.  I might focus on one or try and incorporate them all into the post.

Choosing the words this way has given me a challenge and a common thread to my posts but it has also allowed me to be myself and just waffle!  It’s what I’m good at.  (Don’t worry, I’m aiming for around 500 words per post so hopefully you won’t get stuck here for too long 😉)
And the words for today are….


Journal

Jewel

Just

Jump


I’ve kept a written journal on and off during my life but my blog definitely serves as a record of my live.  Although I don’t have all my entries.  I’ve been on various platforms including Yahoo and Multiply and now of course Blogger.  Switching to a new blogging platform is not ideal and although in some ways I think Wordpress is probably the jewel in the crown of the blogging platforms I can’t face moving again.  I do have a Wordpress account though just in case! 


When the kids were growing up I always tried to be just, as in fair.  They would get the same treats.  I tried to be consistent about things like bed times, pocket money etc.  But of course I also had to prepare them for real life and occasionally when things were going wrong one of them would yell “that’s not fair” and my response would be “life’s not fair!”   
 
I hated resorting to that but we would discuss the rights and wrongs of situations and try to help them understand why the playing field isn’t always level.  I think it’s so important to talk to your kids and spend time with them even if it feels like jumping through loads of hoops at times.


I’ve officially been let off jumping through any hoops at the moment.  The ongoing saga with my knee is that I’ve been advised to avoid any load bearing exercise.  No jogging, no cycling, no aerobics etc.  My couch potato existence has been approved.  (For now.)  I would jump for joy but that’s not allowed.


You might note I skimmed over jewels in this post.  I possess very few jewels, my engagement ring being my most precious although of course my wedding ring is more precious but doesn’t contain any jewels.  Can you tell I’m waffling to bring up the word count here?


Do you keep a journal?  What makes you jump for joy?

11 comments:

  1. My blog is my journal and family and friends usually make me jump for joy. I've missed a couple of your A-Zs while nursing my cold. Still loving your "theme"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a journal from my 14 til 18 years and then I stopped. But I still loved to write and wrote a lot of letters to friends and families. The journal I still have and when my son was the difficult age around 15/16 it even helped me to understand his behaviour ! When I discovered blogging in 2006 it was heaven on earth for me ! I could write and people even read what I wrote !
    That's bad that you are not allowed to do much exercise because of your knee. It would suit me I am very lazy in walking and sport !
    BTW where do you find the other participants of this meme ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WP is my "journal". I ought to keep a regular journal, but find myself just staring at the empty pages, lol.

    Hope you get to feeling better and I had to giggle over the couch potato comment, smiles.

    Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your approach to A to Z using random words. I see our blog as a kind of journal, documenting our various adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think blogs are journals for a lot of people.

      Delete
  5. I fully intended to keep a journal while we are over here. I even have two beautiful empty volumes sitting waiting.
    No excuses, because I find time to watch TV and do the crossword, I guess I just haven't bothered to make it a priority.
    Sorry to hear you're still nursing that injury. Hope it doesn't interfere with your Easter egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's amazing how we can spend time on other things lol

      Delete
  6. My journal is my blog, like you. I have lots of sentimental jewelry but only one has a jewel which is the opal ring by parents gave me for my sixteenth birthday.
    Sorry about your knee. Perhaps you can jump for joy on the inside. Not much makes me jump for joy, which doesn't mean I don't feel joy, just at my age jumping isn't so much in the cards. Hugging my honorary grand-daughters makes me jump for joy on the inside, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.