Monday 24 April 2017

T is for Thrust...A-Z Challenge 2017

My theme for the 2017 challenge is waffling on about random words!

That might not seem like a theme but if you read on you’ll discover it’s not quite as random as it sounds.  The words were generated using a word generator (https://randomwordgenerator.com/) and I opted for 4 words each day.  I might focus on one or try and incorporate them all into the post.

Choosing the words this way has given me a challenge and a common thread to my posts but it has also allowed me to be myself and just waffle!  It’s what I’m good at.  (Don’t worry, I’m aiming for around 500 words per post so hopefully you won’t get stuck here for too long 😉)

And the words for today are….

Thrust
Trouser
Treaty
Tin 

Well I'm making a last thrust at trying to complete my A-Z posts.  I'm not sure I want to use thrust in any other way tonight.  It's been a tiring day, sitting doing nothing for most of it.  It's very tiring watching people run 26 miles.  My poor son came home very achy after running his third London Marathon today.  (I'm preparing this post on 23rd April.)  He didn't think he would be able to take part some weeks ago as he injured his foot but thanks to some physio and acupuncture he completed it in 4hrs and 18 minutes. (Not his best time but he was just glad to get round.) Our niece was running her first marathon and finished in 5 hours and 48 minutes.  Well done to both of them, especially as they have both raised money for charity.  

As for trouser, who talks about a trouser?  Well I suppose we might mention a trouser leg but usually it's trousers, as in a pair of trousers.  I seldom wear trousers these days, just jeans or leggings.  Occasionally I might wear trousers if we're going somewhere nice but with no work to worry about I have lots of trousers just languishing in my wardrobe.  That goes for quite a few smart dresses and skirts etc that were definitely my work uniform.  They don't go too well with trainers either which is my usual choice of footwear.  Comfort v smart?  Comfort wins every time!

Then there's treaty, well that's another word I don't want to hear too much of.  Mainly because it usually comes up as a political subject.  Politics are a bit mad at the moment.  A surprise call for a general election here will mean that's all the news will revolve around for the next couple of months.  It will be good when it's all over and we can get back to working out how Brexit is going to happen.  Oh wait I don't want to hear about that either!  

I'll stick to tin.  As in a container.  For nice things.  Like biscuits, cake, chocolate, edible nice things.  Or keepsakes, memories, photos.  Lots of good things come in tins. 

What’s your favourite thing in a tin? 

8 comments:

  1. Those were perhaps the toughest words you have had yet! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ABC marathon approaches the end ! 2 years ago a friend of my son participated too, this year not anymore, he is too old ! 44 ! I seldom wear trousers sometimes black once with a lace blouse for the evening, otherwise I am always in jeans of all colors !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to both family members on their marathons. I have nothing but admiration for them. Running is not something I ever do!
    My favourite tin is definitely the old button tin that was my great granny's. I still add to it. Well, I did when i was n Oz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a nice keepsake to have. I tried running again last year but my knees said NO!

      Delete
  4. I haven't been around much lately! I'm glad to see you are still hanging in there. I haven't ever worn what I would call trousers. Just plain old pants for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tin, what we call a can. Lots of good stuff in cans...

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.