Monday 17 April 2017

N is for Nerve... A-Z Challenge 2017

My theme for the 2017 challenge is waffling on about random words!

That might not seem like a theme but if you read on you’ll discover it’s not quite as random as it sounds.  The words were generated using a word generator (https://randomwordgenerator.com/) and I opted for 4 words each day.  I might focus on one or try and incorporate them all into the post.

Choosing the words this way has given me a challenge and a common thread to my posts but it has also allowed me to be myself and just waffle!  It’s what I’m good at.  (Don’t worry, I’m aiming for around 500 words per post so hopefully you won’t get stuck here for too long 😉)

And the words for today are….

Nerve
Node
Notorious
Noble 

Well I need to hold my nerve now and try and keep to the schedule for the A-Z Challenge.  I'm back home after a spell at my daughter's but I have no more posts scheduled so it's day by day at the moment.  I'm still not linking to the daily post as I really don't have enough spare time to visit new blogs and leave comments.

I've just looked up the definition of node.  Not the nicest word to have to write about.   Who wants to think about swellings or protuberances although I think I do have the start of arthritic ones in my fingers.  I will have to keep up the knitting and crochet to keep them mobile.  I guess typing has the same effect especially as I'm a 10 finger typist.  I took a typing class when I was in 6th form at school and it's certainly been useful.  I never got around to doing shorthand though but I'm quite good at taking notes in my own shortened way.

I think nodes on plant stems are about the nicest form of the word.  My gardener is often pointing out to me where things need cutting back and at which point to do so.  My gardening skills and knowledge are still pretty limited but they are improving.

As for notorious I don't think that word is ever likely to be used to describe me.  I'm not one for standing out in the crowd and I'm definitely not noble either.

Although having googled noble too I wouldn't mind a drive in a Noble car.  I didn't even know there was a car manufactured as Noble.  Not surprising when it is clearly an elite car such as a Porche or Lambourghini.  Described as a super car it is bespoke and manufactured here in the UK.  It's a driver's car which is just as well as there isn't much space for passengers.  In fact just space for one.  I'm not sure there was a lot of luggage space either but the engine needed a lot of room!  Probably not very eco friendly though.  And just where can you go to drive at its quoted top speed of 225 mph?  It is so bespoke that it boasts an unlimited palette of colour for interiors and exteriors.  Shame one of the examples on their website is bright orange!  I mean the car stands out in its own right without having to be in a garish colour. 

Of course there is no mention of price on the website so as the saying goes if you have to ask the price you probably can't afford it! You can check it out for yourself here.

What’s your dream car? Or are you a cyclist/walker?

6 comments:

  1. I don't drive since the stroke. Mary does all the driving. We have a 2002 Honda Odyssey van and it just went over 80K miles, most of which were put on before 2007. No Noble cars for us, or Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Mercedes, BMW's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol on the super cars. We once had a BMW, maybe 2 thinking back but they were company cars. I do most of the driving as hubby has had a couple of spells where he couldn't drive - brain injury and then sleep apnoea.

      Delete
  2. I don't really have a dream car. If it gets me from point A to point B, I'm a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my criteria too Terri although I do like it to be roomy too.

      Delete
  3. I am really neither a cyclist or a walker....more a swimmer. Yes to plant nodes and I think the car I am coveting right now is a Toyota Yaris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to walk and dream of getting back to cycling but I'm never going to be a great swimmer like you.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.