Monday 17 September 2018

I'm a blogger who blogs.

I noticed this title come up in my reading feed today:
Are you a blogger who writes or a writer who blogs?

I think I'm a blogger who blogs.  Of course I know by blogging I'm writing but I have no real ambition to become an acknowledged as in published writer.  I write here for various reasons, mainly because I enjoy it and it provides a sort of journal but also because I love the interaction with other bloggers.

I also have fits and starts.  Some months, particularly like April where I'm following a challenge, I'll blog most days.  Then there are quiet spells when I'm either too busy to get on the laptop and blog or I just don't feel there's anything worth blogging about.

I'm having a better spell at the moment but that was mostly facilitated by having a bad leg and not being able to get out.  That's changing.  The leg is improving, slowly, and today I managed to drive the car without it being too painful so I no longer feel housebound.  Yesterday hubby and I also managed to successfully babysit Nathan and will do so again tomorrow, one of my regular days.  I'm not doing Thursday this week though as I don't think I could get him upstairs yet on my own.  Stairs are still proving a bit of a challenge.  Today in particular as I probably overdid it a bit yesterday.  Two steps forward one back!

That also happened with new meals.  I made a lovely mushroom and ricotta filo tart at the weekend.  I've never used filo pastry before and yes I confess, it was shop bought not homemade.  Why would you make your own?  Have you seen how difficult it is?  I looked up a recipe that gave the instructions but more or less told you not to bother and wished you good luck at the end!

Anyway the tart was delicious and I remembered (in time) to take a photo.

So that was a step forward although I won't be making it too often as it has a lot of butter and Hubby needs to get his bad cholesterol level down so we're working on that.

Today I attempted another new recipe, a prawn curry.  Well that was a step back, in fact a giant step back.  It was edible, just, but not one I will be repeating.  Not sure what went wrong but definitely needed a stronger curry powder as even I thought it was bland! (I used mild as I don't like things too spicy.) I also overcooked it so the prawns were too chewy.  In fact it was just a disaster so I've binned the photographic evidence.  Actually it didn't even merit a photo being taken.

But today wasn't a total write off.  We managed to drop off and collect Hubby's CPAP machine for its annual service at the hospital.  We (ha as in the royal "we" as Hubby did both trips for this) also got the car through its annual safety check.  We thought we might have to get at least one new tyre but they all passed and we got the garage to replace one of the brake lights we knew wasn't working.  We were going to attempt that ourselves but they're a bit tricky to get to and neither of us are that hands on.  

We also secured a new window cleaner.  Hopefully she will turn out to be more reliable than the last one who just stopped coming.

I mentioned a few weeks back about securing some label holders for drawers online well today I actually got 2 of the 3 sets of drawers kitted out with the holders:
I'll get things organised even if it does leave a blister on my hand from tightening the screws!

Tomorrow we're back on Nathan duty so I think I should get an early night plus I've done enough waffling (writing?) on this post!



11 comments:

  1. I'm not a writer and really consider my "blog" more of a journal-type thing and I find I am doing more memes than 'blogging'. I love the friends I've met here, though, and whatever we call it - here we are!! Enjoy Nathan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved to write and also had a diary, but of course besides me nobody read it. When I stumbled over blogs in 2006 I thought that's it, now I can write and blogging became my hobby. At the same time I always know what happened years ago at the same time !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your travel journals certainly capture a lot of memories.

      Delete
  3. I started out writing about my dogs. I always wanted to write about something and just never knew what. As time went on (and life) I found more and more to write about in my day to day life. Now I write about that, but occasionally I write about the things I find happening around me. Life is full of wonders and what a great platform we have as Bloggers to write about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Dogs are definitely a good topic!

      Delete
  4. I think I might know where you saw that blog post :-)

    I can't even being to imagine making your own filo dough. The store bought stuff is so easy to work with. I used to make a Greek dish - spanakopita - with it. Spinach, feta, egg wrapped in filo - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am more of a journal blogger. I like to share crafts, recipes and other ideas that I think would be fun for others to learn about. And I am happy for all the blog friends I have met along the way.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are doing better. The tart looks delicious. I am a blogger who blogs although lately I have had nothing much to say. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.