Friday 28 September 2018

Friday's Fave Five - 28/9/18

It's time to join in with Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story for Friday's Fave Five.

1)  Family fun at the weekend.  We attended a party for one of hubby's sisters.  She will be 60 next month.  It was hectic as most family members were there but it was good to be together.

2)  Back to 2 days a week with Grandson Nathan.  My knee is still far from healed but walking is fine and hubby came with me on Tuesday and one of his Mummies worked from home on Thursday so I wasn't totally on my own.  The challenge now that he's mobile is getting upstairs to the bathroom - I have to take him up with me and then pop him in his cot so that he stays put.  He's also developed a disliking to being dressed.  Hopefully that's just a passing phase.  I think I've mentioned how much he loves his Grandpa

3)  Good weather.  It was wet and miserable at the weekend but this week we've had some sunny days and although it's cooler I have been out most days.

4)  Time with all my Grandsons this week - Noah was here at the weekend, I did my usual 2 days with Nathan as mentioned and then today I visited Rory and his Mummy.  Daddy was going to be home late this evening as he was playing football so I was happy to visit and break up the day for Mummy.

5)  Better stats on my Fitbit!  As you can imagine during the time when my leg was splinted my activity levels were almost non-existent.  This week they have looked much better and I managed to get a replacement strap online when mine broke.  I actually got 3 in different colours - black, blue and purple so that I can colour co-ordinate with my outfit.  Well that's the theory lol.  Fortunately the package was small enough to fit through our letterbox so they were waiting for me when I got home today.

Well that's me done for this week.  Have a good weekend all.

7 comments:

  1. Good late evening from western New York. I cant believe how much Nathan has grown!!! I am so far behind in the blog visiting, so sorry Wendy. School is keeping me so busy (and mother in-laws health issues).

    Thank you for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you are on the move again. Nathan will keep you on your toes, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that you can move around ! Nathan goes towards the difficult age of two, where it starts to show his own will and see who is the strongest, lol ! ( Alert !tantrums in view !)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great to be getting better Fitbit numbers. And how fun to be able to coordinate the straps with your outfits. I have been on and off with my walking. It does help that a few friends and I compete against each other. Even though I am competitive, there are days, I just don't care.

    How wonderful that you had time with both grandchildren this week. They do add a lot of love and cheer, don't they; even when they don't want to get dressed. I have a 2 year old grandchild who doesn't like to wear clothes.

    Glad you are having good weather. That is always something to cherish. We might get some rain this weekend. That would be a treat for us.

    I hope you have a great week with your rand kiddos, healing and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're well enough to stay with Nathan and increase your activity. I don't have a Fitbit - I should check into one. It probably would be motivating. Sounds like the party went all, and it's always a joy to spend time with the grandkids. Yay for good weather! It was nice to see the sunshine here after days of grey skies and rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love reading that you had Grandboy time during the week. I hope you'll heal quickly so you can be more mobile and keep up with Nathan (and improve your fitbit numbers even more).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are getting around better now. Praying you have full healing quickly so that you can keep up with those littles. Lots of time with your sweet grandkids all through the week sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.