Saturday 8 September 2018

Bird - Ragtag Daily Prompt - 8/9/18

Click on the image for the Ragtag site.

Well the prompt for today made me immediately want to think of something other than fluffy flying creatures.  I'm not into birds and I certainly don't have lots of pictures of them.  I did have a budgie for a pet once but of course, like most pets it predeceased me.

Interestingly, in checking out the slang definitions for bird (to make sure my lateral thinking was correct) I found it means a lot of things I never knew! Some of them I don't want to know but anyway I'm waffling.

The term I was checking out was prison.  Mainly because I feel like I have been imprisioned this week due to my injured knee but I did escape this morning.  A friend of mine was holding a coffee morning in support of Motor Neurone Disease.  Hubby dropped me off and I was able to catch up with some old work colleagues and people I've met before through my friend.  There was a lovely array of sandwiches snacks and cakes but I managed to be restrained.  It's surprising how hungry I still am considering I'm sitting around doing nothing physical so I dread to think what the scales are going to show on Monday.

My daughter picked me up and brought me home so we were able to have some catch up time with  Nathan and both his Mummies.  I've missed seeing him this week so even though Grandpa is his favourite person it was still lovely to see him.  He was looking very grown up today.

So there you have it, nothing to do with birds.  Just a bunch of waffle.  What I do best.


2 comments:

  1. Nathan is SO cute! He is looking more like a little man instead of a baby now. They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bird" is slang for prison. I didn't know that. I did know it could mean an anonymous person who told a secret or tidbit of info -- like "a little birdie told me" -- but prison is new for me. I do like slang, comes in useful when writing haiku. Nathan is very cute and looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.