Wednesday 26 September 2018

Wendysday 26/9/18

 This is usually me on a Wednesday morning after a day looking after Nathan.
https://ragtagcommunity.wordpress.com/2018/09/26/wednesday-rdp-inspire/
Today's prompt from RDP is inspire. (Click on the image to visit the site.)

Back in the day when I first blogged on Yahoo and then Multiply before ending up here on Blogger I used to do a "Wendysday" post on Wednesdays which started off being mostly (well ok all) about me.  I worked my way through lists of various favourites and all sorts of things.

Looking back the last Wendysday posts were in 2012!  Blogging took a bit of a break after that.  During 2013 -14 blogs were few and far between.  Life wasn't good.  Things have picked up since then but Wendysday didn't.  Then I discovered the Wednesday Hodgepodge that Joyce hosted over at From This side of the Pond 

Sadly Joyce has recently retired the Hodgepodge - life moves on.  We've both gained Grandchildren in the last year or so.  Priorities change.

Today feels like it's going to be a Wendysday though.  It's often known as Hump Day but I've never been good with that term.  To me, things that give me the hump are things that annoy or upset me.  So to call Wednesday Hump Day makes it sound bad.  Of course I understand why people call it Hump Day but when you no longer work it doesn't quite have the same significance.

Anyway back to Wendysday.  It's the breathing day for me between the two days I look after my Grandson Nathan.  I love him to bits and he is so good usually.  I really enjoy looking after him but I need a breather inbetween.  Especially at the moment with a very dodgy knee.  It's improving but slowly.  I want to run but walking is a challenge and stairs are still proving painful.  Wednesday is also the first working day of the week for Nick so I'm home alone.  

It feels like it should be a Wendysday - a day for me to do what I want and not feel guilty about it.  I still find it hard not to feel guilty about pleasing myself and not ticking off the never ending to do list but I'm getting there.

Today I'm enjoying a lazy morning in blogland.  I have some TV shows recorded that I'll probably watch and it's lovely and sunny so I'm definitely (well maybe) going out for a walk.  I've also been INSPIRED to start thinking ahead to next year's A-Z challenge.  What?  Yes!  Why?  I've been selected to write a guest post for the A-Z site.

I've never been asked to do a guest post before so I'm both excited and apprehensive.  After all I'm a blogger who blogs not a writer who blogs or a blogger who writes.  But just putting pen to paper (or composing a blog) makes me a writer and thinking about doing the guest post gave me a few ideas and it also prompted me to think ahead to the next A-Z challenge.  Who knows, if I start now I might not end up flying by the seat of my pants come April!  Deadlines were never my thing.

9 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the guest posting, Wendy. And I do know what you mean about the breather day between days of taking care of Nathan. When I was young, I had an incredible amount of energy. I still love spending time with the grandkids and do it as often as possible, but they do take an amount of energy that is somewhat foreign to me these days. LOL Hope you have a lovely day - and recharge your batteries for tomorrow. :-) - Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy guest hosting! I have never done this either!!! The frazzled man in your post is hilarious! That is me EVERY morning before work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congraulations on the guest post!! Good for you. I haven't decided if I am going to do A to Z. Good to catch up with you. I have been in a blogging rut and I am trying to get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I worked I had Wednesday off. That to was my breather day so I know just how you feel. Good luck with your guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started on Yahoo and then went to Multiply before ending up on Blogger! Were we connected on Multiply? I seem to remember Wendysday posts! Cute graphic and I understand that feeling! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Wendysdays too...I just have a list of fun-for-wendy things to achieve on that day... extra cup of coffee, crochet, watch a tv show that Peter doesn’t enjoy, read another chapter, potter with the pot plants, not feel guilty about not doing the ironing... that kind of thing.

    I am in awe of your planning AtoZ now! I end up writing them as I go, hence only managing every second year. I should take a leaf out of your very organised book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I might seem organised now but I'm great at starting things and not so good at finishing. I'll probably be chasing my tail come April!

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.