Friday 7 September 2018

Friday's Fave Five 7/9/18


Friday is the day for looking back over the week to remember things to be grateful for. It's hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find other participants and all the guidelines for posting.

Here are mine for this week:

1) Happy with my own company. I'm doing as I'm told and wearing the support on my leg and avoiding weight bearing as much as possible. That means I've been housebound all week and on my own for the last 3 days while hubby's been at work.

2) Visits from Rory. He had to go to the local clinic for his second set of jabs this week so he was here on Monday and he came with Mummy and Daddy for dinner on Wednesday. He definitely brightened up my week. He's so cute!


3) Facetime with Nathan. He seemed pleased to be able to see me on the phone although of course conversation was limited. He's getting good at bye bye though and apparently he cried when we disconnected. Not seeing him all week has been hard but his Mummies have been keeping us updated with pictures and videos.


And of course so I can't be accused of not being fair here's a photo of Noah. Can you guess what family pets they have?


4) Blogging time. Having to sit has given me the perfect excuse to get some blogging done. This will be my 10th post this month, almost as many as the whole month of August and more than July. Although of course quantity doesn't necessary mean quality lol!

5) A hubby that can cook. We've eaten easy meals this week, no complicated cooking involved but I haven't had to worry about cooking at all.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get out to a friend who is holding a fundraising coffee morning and Rory might pop in for another visit on Sunday - our local area is holding a jumble trail so that will break up the weekend nicely for me and then on Monday I have my follow up appointment for my knee. Thankfully it's been warm enough to wear shorts this week!

Have a good weekend all.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are coping well. I think that down time can be so restful and beneficial. Of course, you've had time with those cute kiddos too! Thank you for your visit today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to be housebound, but nice in some ways to have an excuse to do things you casn't usually do. I'm glad you had some visits, both in person and through the phone, with your grandkids. I'm thankful for a husband that can cook, too. Hope your follow-up appointment brings good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husbands that can cook... keepers!! (Mine doesn't.) Those boys are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for hubbies who cook!!

    Glad you are getting some rest and some grandma time in. The babies are so cute!

    Enjiymthe weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's good to be locked in and unable to go out ! I think Skype or Whatsapp is a real blessing, especially when the family lives far away (not so far for Australians) but still 230 km. But this way I could see Toby once a week on weekends. But now he is not a baby anymore and sometimes he prefers football to Grandma talks !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you with all those beautiful babies paying you mind! It was warm here last week also....like 100 degrees Fahrenheit warm!I am very happy to see it down into the low 70s this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to look up jumble trail. I didn't know that was another name for car boot sale. I loved going to those when we lived in England. I would go to one in Felixstowe before church. I was looking for white pitchers. My collection is probably about 2 dozen. And many times, I'd have time to take a walk along the ocean before heading back home to get the family for church.

    Hurray for help with meals and easy meals at that. Thanks for sharing your easy meal idea at my blog. I've never had tomato and mascarpona sauce. And I never thought to put bacon in it. I do have a jar of marinara sauce and bacon. So I will be making this soon. Thanks for the idea.

    You are on a blogging roll. Quite impressive. I will go have a look after I am done replying.

    I hope your week is another full one and that you heal WELL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You take care of that leg. Praying it heals quickly. So sweet that Rory came for a visit and broke up your alone time. All your grandchildren are so cute. Yay for hubbies who can cook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be careful and don't overdo with that leg. It's worth it in the long run.
    How sweet that the grandboys all are checking in with you. So Sweet! I love the photos you share.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.