Wednesday 5 September 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 5/9/18



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
From this side of the pond

Pop over there to see other posts and join in - the Linky List is at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. What has been the highlight of your summer so far? (It's still summer people!)

The arrival of two more Grandsons (probably counts more as spring than summer but we’ve spent the summer getting to know them) and our big family holiday.

2. What do you wish you'd done more of this summer? Less of?

I wish I’d done more of the things on my to do list but the very hot spell of weather we had was lovely but sapped my energy so I guess I wish I’d done less time wasting.


3. Something you're looking forward to on your September calendar?
An in-law’s 60th birthday party when we’ll all get together again.

4. Best/favourite book you've read this summer?

Keep you safe by Melissa Hill.

5. Share something positive, encouraging, or uplifting here.
Summer may be waning but I’m looking forward to autumn and being more productive again.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I’m sure that all of us will miss the Wednesday Hodgepodge but also sure we won’t be missing Joyce as we keep up to date with her life and family through this blog.  9 years is a long time to maintain a meme like this and it must have been incredibly difficult to think up fresh questions every week.  I’m so thankful I joined up and met such lovely bloggers.



9 comments:

  1. The link is up now. I knew I was forgetting something : ) So nice to have connected with you here and I look forward to following along. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy... I just made a note of your book recommendation. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWO more grandbabies this year? Oh how wonderful! What a blessing. :)

    Hot weather zaps my energy, too. I do not like being hot at all. I hope you get your cooler weather very soon.

    It is sad to see the Hodgepodge go, but I agree. It must have been so hard to come up with all of those questions, week after week. And then to try to get around to everyone to comment on their blogs, especially with such a popular blog hop. I couldn't do it even for my little one!

    Have a blessed week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy those grandbabies. It has been hot but not so hot here on the Texas Gulf Coast. I guess God figured we were still in recovery mode from Harvey and could not handle much more. We are sorry to see Hodgepodge go. Joyce has done an excellent job with it. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those grandchildren such a blessing! The older I get, the more of a blessing they seem. I think it's because our first grands came as we still had young kids in the house. Enjoy your family get together. I always love those times! I'll check into the book you mentioned. It's nice to find books others have read and recommend. Have a great week, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was definitely a hot summer!! Glad you got to enjoy the Grandkids though - they are what is important!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two grandsons! Congratulations. It's fun to celebrate with family and friends. Happy September to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good last HP for us but I sure am sad to see our Wednesday get-together go away. It has been fun and has brought lots of us together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How blessed you are. I'm expecting my first grandson in October! Yes I am going to miss my hodgepodge each week. I better start finding things to blog about....

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.