Friday 14 September 2018

Friday's Fave Five - 14/8/18

 

It's Friday again so time to look back on the week and count our blessings.  This bloghop is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over there to join in or read other contributions. 

This hasn't been the best of weeks (still struggling with the injuries from my recent fall and now a rotten cold) but that's when it's good to find the positive things and I am thankful for these:

1)  A meet up with friends.  One of my friends hosted a coffee morning in aid of Motor Neurone Disease on Saturday and there were several other friends of mine there.  Plus lots of yummy cakes.

2)  Visits from Nathan and Rory at the weekend.  Both quite brief but it's always good to see them.

3)  No fracture to my tibia!  This was such a relief on Monday.  My knee is still sore (as is the elbow if I overdo it) but I can now get up the stairs reasonable well.  Still working on getting down  more that one step at a time but in my house it's easy to get lots of exercise in.  Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and prayers.

4)  Technology.  Had a couple of video calls with Nathan this week.  He always seems so excited to see me and of course I love seeing him, especially when I haven't been able to get over to look after him.  He's not talking yet of course but he does manage bye bye!  Often when he probably means hello lol.  A couple of videos were shared too that were lovely.  Rory was having a lovely chat with my brother-in-law (don't you love it when young babies first start to make noises?) and Nathan was jigging away in his highchair to (another annoying song) Gummy Bears.  The song is one of those that gets in your head and sticks but he was so funny the way he was moving to the music.  Let's just say he's got a good shoulder shrug going lol.  Plus there are always loads of photos of Noah to oo and ahh over.  His Mummy and Daddy are excellent at taking lots of photos and sharing them.

Facetime with Nathan

Noah

Rory - I could hug and kiss him all day

5)  That the UK doesn't really suffer from major weather events well at least not to the extent that other countries do.  Hurricane Florence looks pretty devastating.  They should give them more dangerous sounding names.  Florence is too nice for a storm that is going to wreak havoc and probably claim lives.  If you're reading this I hope it means you're safe.

Have a good weekend all.




6 comments:

  1. I live in the Great Northeast of the US so yes we are safe up here. Although we've had our share of hurricane effects especially after Irene in 2011. That really hit the entire east coast!!
    Even us northerners.

    You all get a lot of rain though right? I'm enjoying late summer weather and autumn begins next week! It's hard to believe the leaves will be changing soon.

    Those babies are just adorable!!! Love when they start to babble and put words together!

    Hope,you feel better really soon. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fracture!! Hooray!! Visits with those boys whether in person or by video!! Of course you could cuddle and kiss them forever! We are blessed to have been missed by Florence but our hearts and prayers go out to everyone north of us who have been battered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you have no fracture. Those are adorable babies!! We are in Florence's path, but as of right now we should just get some heavy rain. We are 250 miles inland. --Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Wendy,

    I am so glad to hear that your tibia was not fractured and that you are starting to do better.

    Your grandchildren are the cutest little things! They just look so sweet and makes me want to reach through the monitor and give them a hug.

    I hope you are able to enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're doing better and your tibia wasn't fractured. I hope you continue feeling better every day and your cold goes away soon. Your grandbabies are so cute. We're due to get some of the rain from Florence Sun. night-Monday morning, but I am hoping it won't be much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, technology is great! We can communicate so quickly and see photos of our littles.
    Good news on your tibia! I had the same thing with an ankle--everyone was sure it was broken--nope. 'Just' a sprain.
    The UK usually has mostly mild and not crazy weather, right? The West Coast of the US hasn't had any rain for months. It's so very dry. I keep requesting some of that East Coast rain, but so far it hasn't arrived. However, I think we need it in small doses.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.