Sunday 11 February 2024

Book Review - Nine Perfect Strangers - Liane Moriarty

Nine Perfect StrangersNine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

One house. Nine strangers. Ten days that will change everything . . .

The retreat at health-and-wellness resort Tranquillum House promises total transformation.

Nine stressed city dwellers are keen to drop their literal and mental baggage, and absorb the meditative ambience while enjoying their hot stone massages.

Miles from anywhere, without cars or phones, they have no way to reach the outside world. Just time to think about themselves, and get to know each other.

Watching over them is the resort's director, a woman on a mission. But quite a different one from any the guests might have imagined.

For behind the retreat's glamorous facade lies a dark agenda.

These nine perfect strangers have no idea what's about to hit them .
. .

I did enjoy this book but I think it was a bit over hyped. The blurb states "9 strangers seeking perfection, and each discovering the perfect lie..."

Well I'm not sure they were all seeking perfection of that the lies were perfect. I found it a bit slow at the start although it did pick up a bit but not until about 2/3 of the way through. There was no real startling twist. It was funny in parts but I wasn't really sure how to categorise it. It's not really a thriller - it wasn't suspenseful enough. I read it for a book challenge but it would make an ok holiday read.


View all my reviews


4 comments:

  1. I recently read another of this author's books - What Alice Forgot. I liked it, the middle seemed very long and drug out. I'm not sure I'll read this one you reviewed, but it's good to know what it's about and your thoughts! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one but I expect I will at some point.

      Delete
  2. I read this one and agree about the hype. I thought it turned a bit weird towards the end. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.