Saturday 3 February 2024

#SoCS - 3/2/24 - Watch


Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “watch.” Use it as a noun or a verb, use it any way you’d like. Have fun!

#SoCS is hosted by Linda here.

I have a dilemma.  Which should I watch first:

The Stranger or Fool Me Once

Both are on Netflix, both are based on books by Harlan Coben, both of which I have read.  I do love Harlan Coben books - they're great at hooking you right at the start and then keeping you turning the pages.

Well that's how they work for me.

I'll probably watch The Stranger as I've only just read that one so it's fresh in my mind.  I'll be able to see what changes have been made.  From comments I've seen it doesn't follow the book completely.

I've just finished watching Safe which I enjoyed.

One thing I didn't enjoy watching this week though was 58 videos on Food Hygiene.  The Foodbank I volunteer at were keen to have volunteers get a Food Hygiene certificate if possible as they'd secured funding for a number of course places.  I'd done one before when I was working but they have to be renewed every 3 years so I thought it wouldn't be too difficult.  It wasn't difficult at all really - lots of it is common sense but.... I did an in person course before.  This one was online and as I said consisted of 58 videos featuring the same man every time going through the information you needed to take on board!  Thankfully each video was only a few minutes long.

Oh wait I tell a lie - there was one video showing how to correctly wash your hands that was "borrowed" from the NHS so it was a different presenter.  Anyway I did watch ALL of the videos although I did it in 2 halves - I was losing the will to live.  And I passed!  At the end you had to do an online test that was all multiple choice.  Hopefully I won't have to watch any more training videos any time soon!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

8 comments:

  1. "I was losing the will to live"... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you passed that test, Wendy! I will make note of those two movies by the author you like. I haven't seen them yet. I always enjoy your reviews and recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for passing. I can just imagine the boredom, especially if the presenter had a monotonous voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I was losing the will to live."---that was me on Friday (I had to attend a seminar) lolol. Wishing you a beautiful week ahead, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.