Friday 2 February 2024

Friday's Fave Five - 2/2/24


And it's Friday again!

Time to look back on the week and remember what I'm grateful for.  Susanne is the driving force behind this and blogs here.

1)  A haircut!  I can't remember the last time I had it cut but I think my hairdresser took about 4 inches off and it's still a reasonable length.


2)  A very successful Yarn & Cake sale last Sunday organised by the knitting group.  We raised nearly £900 for Macmillan Cancer Support.  We had Macmillan nurses come to our home when both my Nan and my Dad were at the end stages of their battles with cancer and they were just brilliant so I was very happy to support this event.

3)  Quite a bit of support to my daughter and her family this week with school runs and having Nathan after school yesterday - my DIL has what seemed like flu so I'm grateful that we're able to help out as much as we can and I know they appreciate it.

4)  I am now the proud owner of a Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate.  This was an online course I did funded through the Foodbank.  I had done this in my past life when I worked in a school, but they have to be renewed every 3 years and mine had lapsed.  

There was a lot of information on the course which doesn't actually apply to the Foodbank but it was interesting to refresh my memory on certain things although a lot of it is really just common sense.

5)  A good library service. I've mentioned doing a 52 week challenge this year that requires reading books which match 52 different prompts and although I've got a lot of books at home that I can use I'm also relying on the library for books.  I'd been notified that 1 book I'd reserved was available but when I got there today there were actually 2 books waiting to be picked up.  The turn around time is usually pretty good so hopefully I'll be able to get access to all the books I need over the year.

It's also been a good week for walking - it's been mostly dry and a lot milder so I've been out every day.  Some days like today, that's  just been a walk down to the library but I've also done a few walks around the lake and golf course areas.

And....I also nearly managed to complete the Just Jot it January blogging challenge - I missed a couple of days but I definitely blogged more in January.  Now I have to keep it up!

Have a good weekend all.


8 comments:

  1. I remember being a mom with young kids. When I'd get sick, it was hard. That's wonderful they have you to help them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had nice walking weather the last few days, sunny and not too cold. Very nice haircut. I'm getting mine done on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a long overdue haircut this week, too. Feels so nice.

    It's great to be able to be there for our kids and grandkids. Hope your daughter is feeling better now.

    Congratulations on completing the Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate!

    I'm glad the Yarn and Cake sale went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH i'm so overdue for a trim but i'm growing it out from a very short asymmetrical bixie so it's gonna be awhile before it looks as nice as yours. I'm trying to go all natural (no color!).

    It's wonderful that you can help out with your grandchildren when their parents are ill. That's a huge blessing for them too!
    Congrat on the certificate. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haircuts are a good thing! I hope to have mine next week.
    Being with the grands is a blessing all around. It's a win-win-win.
    Congrats on the certificate!
    I hope you continue to have great walking weather. Being able to walk to the library would be wonderful.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I had my little bakery, I had to take a course and test to be a Certified Food Manager. It wasn't too hard and I agree with you that it is mostly common sense. Mine lapsed ages ago (1997!!!). It is so great that you are so close to the grandkids and can help out like you do. Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm scheduled for a haircut on Wednesday and I can't wait. It's been months! Congratulations on your certificate. That sounds really interesting. Our library offers hundreds of online classes, I should look for something on nutrition. I sure could use it. They also have a 52 book reading challenge, with prompts. I'm great at starting those things, but then I always go my own way :( But they have some excellent ideas.
    It's so nice to help with the grands when you can. And kudos to you on the January blog challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a blessing being able to help your family out when your DIL was not feeling well. I'm sure they are very grateful for that. I had to get a Food Safety course certificate for my job too. I was very glad ours was online too. I love the hold service at the library and when doing challenges like that it's great that you don't actually have to purchase every single book but can borrow them!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.